News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pat Alpaugh

Re: Favorite Tee Box - Non-Ocean Division
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2019, 11:58:20 PM »
11th tee at the Brantford G & C C, The Club at North Halton and King's Forest.  Also agree with the 10th tee at Kirtland

Tim Leahy

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2019, 04:48:26 AM »
3rd at Olympic you can see the GG Bridge and city of SF. If a Bay doesn't count as ocean then the 15th at Lake Chabot in the Oakland hills. On a clear day you can see both bridges, GG and Bay as well as the city of SF.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

V. Kmetz

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2019, 05:56:05 AM »
Yale's 1st is awe-inspiring and a little terrifying the first time... the 9th is even moreso...

Merion's 1st is the "clubbiest,"...its 17th looks dangerous and impossible.

Riviera's 1st feels...
 "most correct"...a little wing of ledge off to the left of the property that's going to route like a ribbon across the sloping canuon floor... it's 10th feels thematic for the course...

"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

MClutterbuck

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2019, 09:57:59 AM »
This thread needs photos...

Rob Marshall

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2019, 10:39:40 AM »
first at Portstewart
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Matt Frey, PGA

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2019, 11:01:42 AM »
A couple of my favorites, based less on facility atmosphere and more on the grand scale of the natural surrounds, are at the Lake Placid Club.

The first tee on the Links Course offers a beautiful view across the course, which sits in an impressive valley, and looks east into the beautiful Adirondack Mountains. It provides a glimpse of how expansive the mountain range is. You feel very small here, which is a wonderful feeling to have, in my opinion. Here's a photo from an early morning round in August 2017:

It's Mountain Course also has a couple of impressive views of the Adirondack surrounds. A couple of my favorite tees on this course appear consecutively: Nos. 7 and 8, a par-5 and a par-3 that offer unique views of the magnificent Whiteface Mountain. The below photos appear on the same day in August 2017, closer to midday.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2019, 11:02:11 AM »
The back tee on #17 at Redlands Mesa is pretty awesome.

It would also fit in a "places on golf courses where you could die" thread.

WW

Wade,

Yes a great tee box visual!  I know Engh don't get much love here, but he creates dramatic tee box views...I could easily list another half dozen of his...

Peter Gannon

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2019, 12:04:16 PM »

#14 at Bandon Trails.

Runner ups:
#11 on LACC North
#5 at Bethpage 

Thomas Dai

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2019, 12:38:01 PM »

Kington's 18th

Welshpool's 18th

For further photos and more see -
Kington - http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,30926.0.html
&
Welshpool - http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,63739.0.html
atb

Photos by SRA :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:55:47 PM by Thomas Dai »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2019, 10:44:20 PM »
Tee shot on 17 at Redlands Mesa

Tee shot on 8 at Lakota Canyon

mike_beene

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2019, 12:16:08 AM »
Rethinking this: one of my favorite 3 places in the world is the first tee at The Old Course. And I don't consider it an ocean tee. So why would I first say Southern Hills? It's is cool but in a different league.

Scott Weersing

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2019, 09:58:56 AM »
The back tee on #17 at Redlands Mesa is pretty awesome.

It would also fit in a "places on golf courses where you could die" thread.

WW

I am surprised that Wade did not say no. 2 tee at Ballyhack. Width, centerline bunkers, and a view.

I like no. 3 at Old Mac with the ghost tree. It is a blind tee shot but you know there are a lot of fun things coming soon.

Bill Crane

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2019, 01:23:50 PM »
John:     Here is one you know well - the 17th at Springdale!   With Chestnuts falling off the old tree and the Dinky horn in your backswing across Alexander Rd.    Best hole at SGC.
Old #1 is also a good one - teeing off next to the old clubhouse with Cleveland Tower next to the green.
How about Merion #1, like teeing off in an Edwardian garden party.

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2019, 03:11:32 PM »
Ledgerocks 18th in the fall is great. Merions 16th anytime of the year.
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Derek Holland

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2019, 04:51:59 PM »
This is kind of cheating but #13 or #15 at Northland CC

James Brown

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2019, 07:33:07 PM »
6 on Sunningdale New

John Ezekowitz

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2019, 10:14:29 PM »
John:     Here is one you know well - the 17th at Springdale!   With Chestnuts falling off the old tree and the Dinky horn in your backswing across Alexander Rd.    Best hole at SGC.
Old #1 is also a good one - teeing off next to the old clubhouse with Cleveland Tower next to the green.

Springdale has some great ones. I am partial to #4 (or is it #9?) since the tree removal behind the green and to #6, teeing off in the shadow of the tower with people playing soccer or volleyball adjacent.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2019, 11:35:56 AM »
From the 17th tee at Lawsonia Links one has an uninterrupted vista of the back nine from which its nine flags can be spotted..

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Bill Crane

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2019, 12:32:25 PM »
Springdale has some great ones. I am partial to #4 (or is it #9?) since the tree removal behind the green and to #6, teeing off in the shadow of the tower with people playing soccer or volleyball adjacent.
You are referring to #5 (Old #9).  Great views of the old clubhouse, Cleveland Tower, Princeton Theological Seminary,  Forbes College (the former Princeton Inn) and Lake Listerine - named in honor of prominent member Gerard Lambert.   
The scene looks incredibly British despite being in Central NJ.  I will have to find a way to post a few shots.

Tim Martin

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2019, 07:25:51 AM »

The Edwardian Era was over more than one hundred years ago. Are you a time traveler?

Mike Benham

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 08:28:31 AM »

From the 16th tee box, Sand Hills Golf Club

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2019, 09:01:19 AM »
I will go with the iconic fourth at Royal County Down. Between the gorse and the Mourne Mts, it is stunning.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2019, 09:37:21 AM »
I don't think it is used anymore but there was a very cool tee box for the par 3 12th hole at Glen Abbey that was kind of perched on the side of a cliff.

It is in the top right of this photo:

Ira Fishman

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2019, 10:10:54 AM »
I would add Number 5 at the River Course at Kohler and Number 18 at Mid Pines to the nominations that I made previously.

Ira

Jay Mickle

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2019, 12:32:58 PM »
I find the 1st at Tobacco Road to be one of the finest starts. Surely not the friendly handshake one might expect but perhaps the most rewarding when you find the fairway between the hills. Unforgettable!

@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back