News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Colourised black and white photos
« on: May 30, 2019, 03:52:09 PM »
A couple of famous golf photos have been colourised. Interesting to see them in colour rather than the usual black and white.
atb

Peter Flory

Re: Colourised black and white photos
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 11:46:20 PM »
Those are very well done. Interesting idea for a thread.  If there aren't more like this out there, it would be neat to do them now with modern software.  With the Sitwell Park green, I never really considered until now, how difficult that would be to mow with a modern mower.  Here is a nice little article on the green and MacK's response to the criticism that it triggered.

https://www.egd.com/?p=1150

I tried something similar with colorizing Mill Road Farm photos a while ago just to get a feel for what it may have been like, but I didn't do as professional of a job.  I'm not a photo shop expert and hacked my way through these with a free program that was photoshop like.

This seems like a decent place to post them if the topic in general is colorizing B&Ws. 

approach to 2nd hole

Approach to 6

18th green from the right side (10th hole- par 3 in the background)- this one is sort of a weak effort, but still a little interesting

The pool at the Lasker Estate.  Not golf architecture, but it is just such a relaxing image that was part of the experience there. If you could get in your time machine and take a dip, this wouldn't be the worst choice. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 12:00:35 AM by Peter Flory »

Thomas Dai

Re: Colourised black and white photos New
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 04:10:43 AM »
Nice examples Peter.
In your first photo the grass somehow just 'looks' longer in length than present day and the shagginess of the bunker edges and rough seems apparent too.
As you mention, where's that Time Machine!
atb

[size=78%]

[/size]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 10:30:10 AM by Thomas Dai »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back