News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Amol Yajnik

Re: Charity Auctions & Charity Tourney opportunties 2019
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2019, 05:56:59 PM »
Auction for the Ouimet Fund went live today, ends on April 11.  Some heavy hitters in this auction, especially in New England:
https://ouimetauction.com/Lots/Gallery

Tom_Doak

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2019, 10:18:04 PM »
A day with Tom goes for 10K, but an evening with Lady Gaga only goes for 8K.

That might be your greatest accomplishment when you look back at your career. ;D

I was amazed at the winning bid for my donation - and even more so when David Kahn called to ask if the winner could bring along a friend if he matched the bid!  That’s a pretty good day’s work even if we don’t sort out some better ideas for the golf holes. I hear they are hoping to take their prize on our new project in NZ.

Also, if Lady Gaga is lurking here, I will be happy to trade prizes straight up, and I will of course throw in lunch as we will for our winning bidder 😉

PS to Joel:  It’s not like the winner gets to suggest lyrics to Gaga.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:19:54 PM by Tom_Doak »

Jeff Schley

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2019, 12:42:05 AM »
A day with Tom goes for 10K, but an evening with Lady Gaga only goes for 8K.

That might be your greatest accomplishment when you look back at your career. ;D

I was amazed at the winning bid for my donation - and even more so when David Kahn called to ask if the winner could bring along a friend if he matched the bid!  That’s a pretty good day’s work even if we don’t sort out some better ideas for the golf holes. I hear they are hoping to take their prize on our new project in NZ.

Also, if Lady Gaga is lurking here, I will be happy to trade prizes straight up, and I will of course throw in lunch as we will for our winning bidder 😉

PS to Joel:  It’s not like the winner gets to suggest lyrics to Gaga.

I know the winner Dave and he is a very nice guy, should be a fabulous experience for him and his buddy.  I have a guess of who that is, but haven't asked him. For another 10k do they get naming rights to a hole?   ;D
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Jeff Schley

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2019, 04:21:18 PM »
Charitybuzz.com has come out with it's annual spring golf auction and it is the bets lineup I have seen them put out.
Shinnecock, NGLA, Fisher's Island, Friars Head, Winged Foot, etc.  I mean it just keeps going. 

https://www.charitybuzz.com/theme/Golf2019/lots?ui=theme_nav&page_id=TheGreatestCourses
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Tim Martin

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2019, 05:00:45 PM »
The estimated value for items on the Charitybuzz auction are either comical or criminal depending on your take. :o ::)

Kalen Braley

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2019, 05:27:24 PM »
Must say i'm more than a bit surprised Git' Er Done Larry has to receive a bid....

Has the GCA Hillbilly Tour gone belly up?

Sinclair Eaddy

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2019, 11:30:09 AM »
A great online auction fundraiser for the Maryland State Golf Association and their junior programs went live today. Proceeds from the auction will benefit the Youth on Course program (youthoncourse.org) which allows junior golfers in the state to play rounds locally and across the country for $5 or less. Featured items include:

Baltimore Country Club (Five Farms) East and West Courses
Pikewood National
TPC at Avenel Farms
Golf Club at Briars Creek (Kiawah) - Four night stay and play

Many other terrific clubs in the Baltimore and Washington D.C. area. The link to the auction page is below:

https://www.32auctions.com/organizations/43343/auctions/63769?t=all

Thank you

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back