News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy_Naccarato

Leven and Lundin Links
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2001, 08:37:00 PM »
Thank you Ran, that was the topic of the post last year(What is a Leven hole?)

George Bahot seem to disagree, and I don't try to make a habit of ever trying to prove George wrong, because 99.9% of the time he is right, but this topic happened to be the time .1% did come into effect.

I'm with Rich on this one. The hole still does exist, but just like a lot of things at Lundin Golf Club, it has evolved over the last century to the point that it has lost some of it's more visual splendor.

However, I too would have to say that if Rich contnues to keep up this ridiculous notion that the panoramic view on 13th is "OK," Well then, just like John, the subject is now closed!

ForkaB

Leven and Lundin Links
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2001, 09:05:00 PM »
Tommy

I did upgrade the view from 13 at Lundin to "very good" in a subsequent post, but I won't go any further.  Do you agree with John that it is "perhaps the finest view in Scottish golf?"  I could argue that one until the cows come home (which reminds me of yet another great view, from the 17th tee at Brora!), but am happy to consider the matter closed.

Tommy_Naccarato

Leven and Lundin Links
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2001, 04:43:00 AM »
Rich, I don't think of any view in links golf to be a "finest" view. I think they are the optimum view.

There is nothing better on the eyes then seeing a true links from above or even beyond.

For one, there seems to be no need for "FRAMING" and it is even more obvious that Tom Fazio has never really actually seen these types from this perspective.

Mark Pearce

Re: Leven and Lundin Links
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2019, 08:30:49 AM »
Extraordinary, a thread about Leven and Lundin, which devolved into a conversation about great finishing holes in Scotland, some of which top 5s included Lundin but not Leven?  What were people smoking 18 years ago?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Jeff Taylor

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2019, 09:42:34 AM »
A timely bump to a thread that is content rich and is also a fine example of civilized debate.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 06:04:18 PM »
Extraordinary, a thread about Leven and Lundin, which devolved into a conversation about great finishing holes in Scotland, some of which top 5s included Lundin but not Leven?  What were people smoking 18 years ago?

Maybe there have been a lot of improvements to 18 at Leven since 18 years ago. It looked to me like there has been recent work on it.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Sean_A

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2019, 04:52:58 AM »
Lundin's 16th is a curious hole which is probably heavily compromised by modern equipment. In any case, how in the hell did CBM choose this hole over Leven's 14th? It is running away the best hole on either course. Unlike Lundin's 16th, modern power will not destroy the essential qualities of this hole.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Ashridge, Kennemer, de Pan, Eindhoven, Hilversumche, Royal Ostend, Alnmouth & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back