News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jerry Kluger

Video of Cabot Cliffs
« on: April 16, 2019, 05:01:40 PM »
I hadn't seen this before and sure makes you want to make a trip to Nova Scotia.

every-hole-at-cabot-cliffs-in-inverness-nova-scotia

Guy Nicholson

Re: Video of Cabot Cliffs
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 08:40:25 PM »
That's a beaut. Love listening to Lorne talk golf.

Ben Malach

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 02:59:09 AM »
Man, I am crushed that bunker on the tee shot of 7 did not hold. I spent like 2 weeks solo building and rebuilding that bunker (washed out 4 times >:( ) all by hand. This included all the drainage gravel that had to be hand shoveled and wheeled in as we did not have equipment to do it that would not damage the turf. On a positive note the course looks amazing otherwise Brad Allen and his staff really do deserve a hats off for what they are doing out there. It is pretty cool if I do say so myself.

On a side note I almost feel Lorne gives to much credit to Riley. I respect him and what he is doing for golf and that he is the biggest name to emerge from the construction of Cabot Cliffs but it really kinda feels weird hearing his name 4 or 5 times in the video. When Rod Wittman, Dave Axeland, Kieth Rhebb, Quinn Thompson, Trevor Dormer, Andrew Littlefield, Kieth Cutten and a few more were all key parts of the construction team that was lead with as always a genital and guiding hand by Bill and Ben. I know that's a lot of people to pull quotes from each but it would have been cool to hear from few more voices than just a singular one as each brings an interesting an unique perspective to the game. 

post post script did anyone else find that map they showed at the start odd. It made Nova Scotia seem like a contiguous mass leading me to believe at first glance  that they had miss labeled the town of Inverness as on the main land rather than the island. 
@benmalach on Instagram and Twitter

Guy Nicholson

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 03:43:03 PM »

Too bad that bunker isn't at its best here -- it's the first thing the golfer's eye (and fluttering heart) wants to focus on on from the tee.

As for the script, there are a few little transitions where I get the sense words may have been trimmed out in postproduction. Lorne is typically a very generous credit-spreader, and Cliffs is rightly famous for that great teamwork.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:33:02 AM by Guy Nicholson »

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 09:21:23 AM »
Man, I am crushed that bunker on the tee shot of 7 did not hold. I spent like 2 weeks solo building and rebuilding that bunker (washed out 4 times >:( ) all by hand. This included all the drainage gravel that had to be hand shoveled and wheeled in as we did not have equipment to do it that would not damage the turf. On a positive note the course looks amazing otherwise Brad Allen and his staff really do deserve a hats off for what they are doing out there. It is pretty cool if I do say so myself. 
That tee shot at 7 is a sphincter tightener, for sure, but I think there should be a little more room to bail out left.  If you go a bit left of your intended line and hit the ball very well then it can result in a lost ball as you run through the fairway into the woods.  Maybe a bit of mounding or something to help keep balls in play.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 02:49:46 PM »
Absolutely stunning.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Tim Martin

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 05:59:42 PM »
When I saw that the running time exceeded ten minutes I didn’t know if it would hold my attention. It looks incredible. :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back