News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Shamleffer

Re: Oh Yeah... This Masters is Just Horrible for Golf...
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2019, 04:41:41 PM »
Did the Masters discontinue their limited commercials policy?
A lot more commercials 1st 2 hrs, and I did not see the Joe Ford intro normally in 1st half hour.
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

Bill Shamleffer

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2019, 05:03:50 PM »
Might be three balls tomorrow, with last tee-time of 11:30.  Will CBS start early, or try to go with delayed coverage for their 60 Mins lead in?
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

Bill Shamleffer

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2019, 05:05:04 PM »
Just announced CBS start 9am.

Edward Glidewell

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 02:06:40 PM »
I didn't want to start yet another OT Masters thread...

But something occurred to me yesterday as I was watching the TV coverage.

If the "patrons" are such fine upstanding citizens and so well behaved, and the venue is a proverbial Happy Gilmore Happy Place, why is there such a massive police/security presence at the event?  Seemed there was two agents following every group and countless more beyond the ropes.

You go to a Eagles Football game, hey I get it....but the Masters where allegedly everyone is polite/nice to each other and peeps don't get out of line? 

Yet another Masters Myth?

As someone who has been to three Masters and two US Opens (both at Pinehurst), the Masters is a FAR more pleasant experience in every way. The fans (I don't feel the need to call them patrons) are better behaved with far less yelling etc. and it's just easier to see the golf course and the shots being hit. And of course the concessions are significantly cheaper.

That doesn't mean no one ever yells at the Masters, but it's miniscule compared to what goes on at the US Open.

Tim Martin

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2019, 03:52:44 PM »
How many guys that go with their wives have been forced to remodel at least one bathroom within forty eight hours of attending? Sometimes nice is too nice.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back