News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Good on ya, Corey Conners
« on: April 07, 2019, 08:16:35 PM »
You survived a 6 for 1 playoff to get into the tournament, and then go out and win!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 09:39:19 PM by Tommy Williamsen »
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Peter Pallotta

Re: Good on ya, Corey Conners
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 09:12:55 PM »
Indeed!
A native of Listowel, Ontario - small town about two hours nw of Toronto not too far from the shores of Lake Huron. The folks there must really be celebrating; seems like a good and friendly community. I played a very modest & homely course there a few times while on short vacations, and it's where Corey started off his playing days and won some junior tournaments; they are clearly very proud of the local boy making good. It's hard for me to imagine the journey from there to being a PGA Tour winner, but good things were expected of/for him for several years now. Congrats, Corey!
Peter   

Peter Flory

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 11:15:42 PM »
I didn't watch the event, but did see his pre-round interview.  I was struck by how calm he seemed. 

astavrides

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 11:28:20 AM »
You survived a 6 for 1 playoff to get into the tournament, and then go out and win!!

Please avoid giving away the winner of a tournament in a thread title. Some of us DVR.

Jonathan Mallard

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 12:29:54 PM »

https://twitter.com/MarkCalc/status/1115037936519655424

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 12:30:20 PM »

Please avoid giving away the winner of a tournament in a thread title. Some of us DVR.

That's fine. Do you have a response?
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Steve Lang

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 12:51:32 PM »
 8)  Tommy,

The only thing better would be for Conners to stride onto The Masters's stage and,.... with that beautiful swing tempo of his... win it going away!
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Buck Wolter

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 10:51:27 PM »

He’s had a second and a T3 this year — the fact that he had to Monday in is nuts.
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 10:42:54 PM »
I know it is kind of lame but I thought his wife's reactions were really cool to watch - she couldn't believe it when he kept on making the putts he needed to win.  Shows what life is like for the wife of a guy who has to Monday qualify to get into tournaments and then the amazement and disbelief when he wins - it shows how tough life is for guys in golf who have no contract unlike other sports.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back