News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Criss Titschinger

Re: White Bear Yacht Club profile posted
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2019, 08:37:49 PM »
#17...

A pretty hole. But to me very one dimensional. It's just a mid-to-long iron to a small, somewhat flat green.

To me, the tee shot on #18 is terrific. I love the blind tee shot over the hill and the view from the top of the clubhouse and lake is one of my favorite on the course. After a wild ride it's nice to finish with a wedge and a birdie opportunity on the last hole. Of course I'm sure the original green surface was probably much more interesting with surrounding bunkers (as opposed to the water bunker).

I can see that about 17. I really like it, but I don't play it everyday. The first time I played it, the pin was tucked right. It didn't look that dangerous of a shot off the tee. Then I got closer to the green and realized what a sucker pin that was. I thought that was pretty cool; all this room to the left, but right was more dangerous than it looked.

The tee shot on 18 is fine; I just don't like the rest of the hole, especially by the green and that small pond that seems so out of place. I'd love to see the original green configuration back, but I understand why that can't realistically happen.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back