News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sven Nilsen

Proctor Pittsford CC (Pittsford, VT) - A Banks?
« on: March 26, 2019, 10:17:23 AM »
The 9 hole Proctor Pittsford CC was built in 1929 having been laid out by a "golf professional."

In 1930 Charles Banks visited and suggested a number of improvements.  I haven't found anything confirming the club went ahead with this work, but the article below suggests they were to be made over time.

Oct. 3, 1930 Rutland Daily Herald -

"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Brad Tufts

Re: Proctor Pittsford CC (Pittsford, VT) - A Banks?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 02:14:14 PM »
Interesting stuff.

I spent 4 years playing college golf at Middlebury, and drove right by PPCC on the way down to Rutland CC and points south many times...we played Neshobe (another old 9/new 9 course, my dad's Midd buddy Rodney Bicknell is head pro now) many many times but I never made it to Proctor-Pittsfield.

I'd say I was too busy "being in college" to have made it to PPCC for an afternoon, but the truth is we drove ALL OVER Vermont playing random courses here and there for four years and I for some reason just never played it despite being only 30-35m away.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back