News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Schley

Charity Auctions & Charity Tourney opportunties 2019
« on: January 29, 2019, 03:20:14 PM »
Team..... I do quite a few of these a year and this will help consolidate the notable rounds on offer via charity auctions which I know we all like to support.  In addition there are some tourney's at some great courses.
I'll offer so far:

Auctions - https://e.givesmart.com/events/bZO/i/
Kahn auction which is online until March 4th. Quite a few legendary tracks on offer and a great cause.

Tourneys - St. Jude Chicago Golf Classic at everyone's favorite ( ;D ) Rich Harvest Farms
https://www.stjude.org/get-involved/find-an-event/dinners-and-galas/chicago-golf-classic.html

Feel free to post whatever you find here of note.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 05:59:28 AM by Jeff Schley »
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Ira Fishman

Re: Charity Auctions & Charity Tourney opportunties 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 03:53:26 PM »
Jeff,

First link takes you to log in page that assumes you already have joined the auction.

Thanks,

Ira

Cal Seifert

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 04:08:41 PM »
https://www.charitybuzz.com/categories/golf/catalog_items

usually quite a few different auctions here.  Prices tend to get outrageous though.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 07:32:34 PM by Cal Seifert »

Neil Johnston

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 05:12:54 PM »
I organize a smaller scale event in Chicago benefiting my children’s public school. I expect to have a number of great (some bucket list, but definitely not all) golf experiences available again. Will post here once live.

If anyone is interested in donating a threesome (or anything else really), please contact me here.

George Myers

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 06:21:45 PM »
Poked around and found this link for the first auction:

https://e.givesmart.com/events/bZO/i/ (auction page with items)

I may not have been doing it correctly as most items are in preview-only status.

Important cause for this family's two daughters with Juvenile Batten's diseases.

https://e.givesmart.com/events/bZO/ (home page with story)

Jeff Schley

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 06:01:12 AM »
Poked around and found this link for the first auction:

https://e.givesmart.com/events/bZO/i/ (auction page with items)

I may not have been doing it correctly as most items are in preview-only status.

Important cause for this family's two daughters with Juvenile Batten's diseases.

https://e.givesmart.com/events/bZO/ (home page with story)

Thanks Ira and George I fixed the link.  All items are in preview mode until going live sometime Mid February.
- Steve Prefontaine

Richard_Mandell

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 05:07:35 PM »
Here is a golf-related raffle for a round of golf for four (including cart) on Pinehurst No. 2.  The raffle ends on February 23rd and the winner can play anytime until December 31st, 2019.  Cost is $20.00 per ticket, 3 for $50.00, or a book of ten for $150.00.

The charity is my son's travel basketball organization called the Sandhills Machine, a 501-C3 with five different teams (6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th grade).  The Sandhills Machine mission is to provide youth mentoring, team building skills, and leadership training through basketball.  Funds will help pay for uniforms and registration fees and other expenses for tournaments throughout the southeast.  Last year, his team played in the World Junior NBA Regional Championships and played a national event in Philadelphia where they got to tour Villanova and meet Coach Jay Wright.  This year they will venture to Chicago.

If anyone is interested in purchasing tickets, you can call me at my office (910-255-3111) and will be glad to arrange things.

Jeff Evagues

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 06:42:50 PM »
Recently moved to the Phoenix area so interested in charity events here. Is there a central place to look?
Be the ball

Jeff Schley

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 02:50:54 AM »
Recently moved to the Phoenix area so interested in charity events here. Is there a central place to look?

You are in luck as the ForeBatten event on March 4th is at TopGolf Scottsdale. 

I continually search on biddingforgood.com, charitybuzz.com, The First Tee of Central Ohio auction, and others.
- Steve Prefontaine

Jeff Schley

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 04:49:01 AM »
The David Kahn auction for his girls is up for the next 2 weeks ending March 4th.  Some GREAT rounds on offer: Sand Hills, Congaree, Oakmont, Sand Valley, Cryastal Downs, Friars Head, etc.......

https://e.givesmart.com/events/bZO/i/

- Steve Prefontaine

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 02:10:34 PM »
The David Kahn auction for his girls is up for the next 2 weeks ending March 4th.  Some GREAT rounds on offer: Sand Hills, Congaree, Oakmont, Sand Valley, Cryastal Downs, Friars Head, etc.......

Some items you won't see at most auctions,

Nanea
Sleepy Hollow
The Quarry
Vintage
Sand Valley
Oakmont
Friar Head
Sand Hills
Shadow Creek
Sebonack
Congaree

Josh Bills

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 01:48:57 PM »
I wanted to let people know, if they are interested in an original oil painting, I have two current auctions where my paintings are being offered. 

The first is David Kahn's Forebatten auction mentioned above. That auction ends on March 4, 2019 at 8:15 p.m. MST according to the auction website.  My lot number is 204, and the painting being offered is a 3 foot by 5 foot of whatever golf course you want painted.  That is a large one for sure!

The second auction is for my daughters' school and our community.  That auction ends February 23, 2019 at 9:30 p.m. EST according to the 32 Auctions website.  That original oil painting is being offered as a 16x20 inch painting, but I could be convinced to go up to 20x30 if enough money is raised and you ask nicely.  Here is that link.

https://www.32auctions.com/organizations/28785/auctions/55849/auction_items/1636400?v=18&fbclid=IwAR0CviHf9PZevV7MzvqN9aHIFx-kE-AcZXQHh24IGt-o3DqPgoR1_vrnA6w

Thank you for considering either one, it is appreciated.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 01:13:46 PM »
Hey guys wanted to update this esteemed forum with an update as Joel has done. An article by golf.com on the Kahn family situation dealing with the awful disease that has afflicted their girls is now online.

https://www.golf.com/news/features/2019/02/20/course-designer-david-kahn-twin-daughters-fight-batten-disease/

Also on the auction our very own Tom Doak has generously donated a full day of shadowing him on site at one of his 4 active projects!  I'm already in early for this one.) I'm ready to jump in the dozer Tom. ;)

Spend a day on site with golf course architect Tom Doak and his Renaissance Design team. Experience a full day with Tom and his crew on an active construction project seeing how they design and build their courses, including being part of the discussion, plus a personalized memento of the day.
Chose from 4 ongoing projects across the world:
Memorial Park, Houston TX - site of the PGA TOUR Houston Open beginning 2020 - Tom will be making visits every month from now through June.
St Patrick's Golf Links, Rosapenna, Ireland - Tom will probably make one visit this spring, one visit just on the heels of The Open in July, and once or twice more in the fall.
Te Arai Resort, Mangawhai, New Zealand - the sister property to Tara Iti - Tom will visit in November or early December.
Sand Valley Resort - Join Tom on initial site walks at some point this year.
* Winning bidder to cover all travel costs   
Again the event is March 4th at Top Golf Scottsdale and 60 rounds on offer, in addition to various other items (hotels, spas, etc.)https://e.givesmart.com/s/:mJLwygGUFuJ/e/bZO/i/_All/#item69gL
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 01:51:06 PM by Jeff Schley »
- Steve Prefontaine

Ira Fishman

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 01:46:03 PM »
That is very generous of Tom.

Jeff, when I outbid you for the Crystal Downs item, I will invite Tom so that we can play a Member-Guest.  My wife can partner with Nick Hardy, and Tom will be saddled with my crappy game.

Ira

Tom_Doak

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 08:12:44 PM »
David Kahn spent half a day with me at Scottsdale National on Tuesday.  I promised to return the favor, and this seemed like the best way.  We had discussed bidding on playing golf with me somewhere, but the way I'm playing right now, that would be a lot to put someone through after they'd donated to charity  :D

Ira:  if we do as you say, it will have to be the three of us playing our best ball [with full handicaps] against Nick Hardy.  And we are still unlikely to make enough birdies to beat him.

Ira Fishman

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 02:31:33 AM »
I sure plan on trying to help a great cause and play a course I never otherwise would get to see. But I want my wife to win so original pairings will need to stand.

My brother is a pediatric doctor who has told me about Batten. It is a great cause so if I do not prevail in the auction, I hope it is because someone with greater means outbids me by a lot.

Ira

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 09:58:54 AM »
David Kahn spent half a day with me at Scottsdale National on Tuesday.

Did you like Scottsdale National?

Tom_Doak

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 12:18:20 PM »
David Kahn spent half a day with me at Scottsdale National on Tuesday.

Did you like Scottsdale National?

Yes.  But you need to follow me on Instagram for that sort of reports. 😉

SL_Solow

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2019, 08:47:10 PM »
This will be the 19th year for the CDGA Foundation's annual outing.  Our foundation is the oldest organization which uses golf as a means of rehabilitation and recreation for disabled war veterans as we are celebrating our 75th anniversary.  We hold over 150 clinics each year and have a 3 hole course which is free of charge where we also undertake agronomic testing.  We also hold over 90 camps for children and young adults with disabilities again using golf as a means of rehabilitation and recreation.  Finally, by sponsoring the Youth On Course program in our geographical area, we make golf affordable for juniors.

The outing is admittedly high end with a fee of $7500 per foursome.  It will be held June 24 at Beverly CC, a fine Ross in Chicago.  Foursomes are limited to allow for speed of play.  Players are able to walk with caddies.  Brunch and dinner are included and there are some great gifts.  An internet auction will open in advance and a short live auction containing trips to outstanding courses will be held during dinner.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM or email me.  We do a lot of good with the money raised and we have a great time doing it.

Ira Fishman

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 04:21:13 PM »
I sure plan on trying to help a great cause and play a course I never otherwise would get to see. But I want my wife to win so original pairings will need to stand.

My brother is a pediatric doctor who has told me about Batten. It is a great cause so if I do not prevail in the auction, I hope it is because someone with greater means outbids me by a lot.

Ira

Bumping this thread with two days to go in the Fore Batten auction. I have fallen behind again, but two days is a long time.

Ira

Neil Johnston

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2019, 12:32:58 PM »
The online charity auction benefiting my daughters' Chicago public school is now online. With me in charge, it has a heavy focus on golf, but there are also a lot of other awesome non-golf items (museums, dining, travel, etc)

Specific to golf, we are offering rounds/packages at:
- Dismal River- Ballyhack- Ballyneal- White Bear Yacht (appropriate, given the new profile posted)
plus some Chicago area golf at: Flossmoor, Glen Club, Bryn Mawr, among several others.

I know many GCA members have supported me before (and also many of you are donors), so please log on and check it out
https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/item/browse.action?auctionId=341691125&categoryId=341717961

Buck Wolter

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 10:57:47 AM »

Shadow Tom Doak for a day is currently at $10K

https://e.givesmart.com/events/bZO/i/_All/69gL/?search=
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Ira Fishman

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2019, 04:18:07 PM »
The auction closed.  I did my promised part to bid up Crystal Downs, but alas fell short.  Looks as if the auction raised quite a bit of money for a great cause.  Jeff, thanks for the OP.

The winner of the Shadow Doak has a wonderful sense of golf history if you check out the winner's name.

Ira

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2019, 07:06:35 PM »
A day with Tom goes for 10K, but an evening with Lady Gaga only goes for 8K.

That might be your greatest accomplishment when you look back at your career. ;D [size=78%] [/size]
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2019, 11:21:47 PM »
A day with Tom goes for 10K, but an evening with Lady Gaga only goes for 8K.

That might be your greatest accomplishment when you look back at your career. ;D

That's funny. The Lady Gaga item was a steal. 4 seats to her show, 2 suites at the MGM  and a $1,500 food credit.

With Doak you get to pay your own transportation, food and hotel and walk around in dirt for a day.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back