News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Cohn

2018 CA fires
« on: November 16, 2018, 08:15:25 PM »
It goes without saying that there are way more important things than golf courses right now. But, as reports come in, I'm wondering which golf courses have been hit (or spared) by the current fires.

I don't know of any impacted courses in Northern California (Camp Fire). In Southern California (Woolsey Fire), I know that North Ranch Country Club was hit with some severity — see here: [size=78%]https://www.instagram.com/p/BqA7sTJg5ff/[/size].

James Brown

Re: 2018 CA fires
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 08:20:59 PM »
There must be some fires near Rustic Canyon?

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 02:34:36 AM »

A 9-hole course in Paradise.
Calabasas CC may have had some damage.
Nowhere near Rustic or Sherwood.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:56:20 PM by Pete_Pittock »

John Emerson

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 07:46:04 PM »
Sean Tully at The Meadow club has posted some pictures on Instagram recently and it looks like the fires are next door to the course.  Didn’t ask questions but I’m sure it is close
“There’s links golf, then everything else.”

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 08:39:09 PM »
John, the air has been poor in Fairfax, as it has throughout Northern California, but I don't believe there are any fires close to the Meadow Club.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

CJames

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 08:40:52 PM »
John,
Fortunately my family is on a long-planned weekend vacation far from San Francisco, but I was in Marin yesterday and at Meadow Club on Thursday.  The Camp Fire is close enough to have severely impacted air quality, but — thankfully — sufficiently far away from Meadow Club and those of us living in Marin County to pose a fire risk.  Rain is forecast for mid-week which will be a blessing. 

Tal Oz

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 09:57:00 PM »
Nowhere near Rustic, they did shut down the course all of last weekend. Played wonderfully today as everything is firming up.
Good to hear Sherwood was safe, I believe the fire started quite close to there.

Mike Schott

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 10:19:32 PM »
Sean Tully at The Meadow club has posted some pictures on Instagram recently and it looks like the fires are next door to the course.  Didn’t ask questions but I’m sure it is close

Just FYI, the Camp Fire is north of Sacramento and the Meadow Club is a bit N of the Golden Gate Bridge, West of US-101.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 11:19:05 AM »

Just FYI, the Camp Fire is north of Sacramento and the Meadow Club is a bit N of the Golden Gate Bridge, West of US-101.

Correct...its nearly 200 miles away.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 02:49:27 PM »
also gone is Paradise Pines in Magalia. Missed it on overhead view because the holes are sooooo narrow. The narrowest course I have played is Laurel Hill in Gold Hill, OR and Paradise Pines looks to be twice as narrow.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back