News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Pearce

Re: BUDA 2019 - deposits being taken to secure places
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2019, 12:11:52 PM »
Please hold off on sending in any more deposits. I think the event is proving more popular than expected, and Mark need to get a handle on number of players and tee time availability. Anyone that hasn't sent a deposit yet, please let Mark know that you want to attend, and then he or I can get back to you when we are ready for your deposit.
Thanks, John.

As it stands, we currently have 25 places filled by people who have paid deposits or, for 3 places, where I believe air tickets have been purchased.  If those 3 don't pay deposits by early next week I'll free up those spaces.  I am going to contact both host clubs to see if we can get additional slots.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2019, 01:45:47 PM »
I remember from past Budas that there always were a few people happy to play just 18. Be it age-wise or due to other commitments. Since we have 36 holes scheduled on Friday and Saturday, perhaps this would be an opportunity to fit in a few more folks.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Mark Pearce

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2019, 01:56:08 PM »
I remember from past Budas that there always were a few people happy to play just 18. Be it age-wise or due to other commitments. Since we have 36 holes scheduled on Friday and Saturday, perhaps this would be an opportunity to fit in a few more folks.

Ulrich
I'm certainly considering that, Ulrich, and fully expect that even with just 24 slots we could probably satisfy 28 golfers!  What I don't want is 30+ signed up for 24 slots.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Jay Mickle

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2019, 04:55:16 PM »
I did not see the Deposit posting until now. I early on indicated that I would attend. We have hotel reservations in Bamburgh Castle. Can I still send payment?

@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Mark Pearce

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2019, 04:51:07 AM »
All,

We're now at 28 players who have paid a deposit or who I believe have paid for flights or hotel rooms.  I'm sure we can manage with those numbers (there are always players who don't want to play 36) and I also am sure, from experience, that some of those will drop out.  However, for the moment, unless you know you are one of those 28, please don't pay any more deposits.  If you want to be a reserve, let me know, I suspect you'll get a slot.  But I don't want to be in the business of making refunds!

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2019, 01:23:47 PM »
My wife and I have a couple of days after Buda (we will probably leave via overnight ferry from Newcastle on the Friday after Buda). Since my wife has probably already seen the local attractions (Bamburgh Castle, Hadrian's Wall, Lindisfarne) while I play the event, we are currently looking for another area nearby with some non-golfing attractions. I'm sure I'll find great golf anywhere, so this is for my wife mainly. Where could we conveniently get to for a couple of days?
My ideas were Lake District, Ayrshire and perhaps East Lothian / the Borders - any recommendations? We have a car. Is the Isle of Arran logistically feasible?

Ulrich

Mark Pearce

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2019, 05:22:19 PM »
Arran is a long drive.  Edinburgh is one of the world's great cities and is less than 90 minutes away.  Going South, Durham is a beautiful city and Newcastle (with the adjoining Tynemouth) is well worth a visit.

mike_malone

« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2019, 09:00:29 AM »
Are there any developments on N.Berwick for Wednesday/Thursday before Buda?
AKA Mayday

Mark Pearce

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2019, 05:28:50 PM »
A review of Goswick, to whet the appetite of this year's pests.  I'm intending to post details of participants this weekend.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2019, 12:03:13 PM »
Dinner now booked at The Potted Lobster (https://www.thepottedlobsterbamburgh.co.uk/) in Bamburgh on the Saturday.

As far as attendees go, those I currently have confirmed are: Bill Gayne, Bob Montle, Bryan Izzatt, Chris Handy, Conrad Gamble, Dave Herrick, Dean DiBerardino,  Giles Payne, Jason Topp, Jay Mickle, Jerry Kluger, John Mayhugh, Lou Duran, Mark Pearce, Marty Bonnar, Michael Graham, Mike Kain, Mike Malone, Mike Whitaker, Nancy Bonnar, Niall Carlton, Paul Graham, Sean Arble, Tony Muldoon, Ulrich Mayring, Steve Wilson, Sean Walsh, Iain Greenshields.

As mentioned before, we do have a waiting list, so anyone no longer planning to attend, please let me know asap!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 08:33:26 AM by Mark Pearce »

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2019, 12:45:29 PM »
Where's everybody staying?
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Sean_A

« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2019, 12:46:51 PM »
Dinner now booked at The Potted Lobster (https://www.thepottedlobsterbamburgh.co.uk/) in Bamburgh on the Saturday.

As far as attendees go, those I currently have confirmed are: Bill Gayne,, Bob Montle, Bryan Izzatt, Chris Handy, Connie Cowden, Conrad Gamble, Dave Herrick, Dean DiBerardino, Duncan Cheslett, Giles Payne, Jason Topp, Jay Mickle, Jerry Kluger, John Cowden, John Mayhugh, Lou Duran, Mark Pearce, Marty Bonnar, Michael Graham, Mike Kain, Mike Malone, Mike Whitaker, Nancy Bonnar, Niall Carlton, Paul Graham, Tony Muldoon, Ulrich Mayring.

As mentioned before, we do have a waiting list, so anyone no longer planning to attend, please let me know asap!

Mark

Did I not make the cut?  I sent a deposit back in February.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Mark Pearce

« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2019, 01:07:13 PM »
Ah, I knew I was a name short!  Sorry Sean, yes, you did.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2019, 01:47:14 PM »
I've booked the Victoria Hotel. Anyone else staying there?
F.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2019, 02:03:29 PM »

As far as attendees go, those I currently have confirmed are: Bill Gayne,, Bob Montle, Bryan Izzatt, Chris Handy, Connie Cowden, Conrad Gamble, Dave Herrick, Dean DiBerardino, Duncan Cheslett, Giles Payne, Jason Topp, Jay Mickle, Jerry Kluger, John Cowden, John Mayhugh, Lou Duran, Mark Pearce, Marty Bonnar, Michael Graham, Mike Kain, Mike Malone, Mike Whitaker, Nancy Bonnar, Niall Carlton, Paul Graham, Sean Arble, Tony Muldoon, Ulrich Mayring.

Jason Topp and I are staying in an airbnb at Blacketts Apartments - about 300 feet behind the Potted Lobster.

Mark and I have discussed me transferring the US deposits to him in a couple of weeks. If anyone on the US list has had a change of plans, now's the time to let me know.

Sean_A

« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2019, 03:34:37 PM »
F.

I am booked at Victoria for Thursday thru Sunday.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2019, 05:11:14 PM »
F.

I am booked at Victoria for Thursday thru Sunday.

Ciao

We're going to travel down on Friday morning. What's the first tee time at Goswick, Mark?
F.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2019, 05:16:21 PM »
First tee time at Goswick on the Friday is 8.42

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2019, 05:20:59 PM »
First tee time at Goswick on the Friday is 8.42

We'd be grateful for one of the later times then, but if not practicable, I'll just have to get up early!  ;)
F.

mike_malone

« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2019, 05:21:59 PM »
The Sunningdale for Buda
AKA Mayday

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2019, 05:23:06 PM »
Assuming the Goodales have withdrawn, is there still another lady joining us?

Mark Pearce

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2019, 05:35:25 PM »
Assuming the Goodales have withdrawn, is there still another lady joining us?
I'd be surprised if Connie Cowden isn't a lady!

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2019, 05:40:50 PM »
Ah. Excellent! Nancy will be pleased!
All these macho GCAers might have proved to much for her delicate sensibilities...
 8)
F.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2019, 06:45:05 PM »
Ah, the tee times lottery has started? I'm in for one of the later times as well, as we're coming up from "the South" :)

Ulrich

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2019, 07:01:53 PM »
F.
Jerry Kluger and I are both booked into the Victoria Thursday through Sunday night.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 07:04:19 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back