News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

Re: BUDA 2019 - deposits being taken to secure places
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2019, 03:45:10 PM »
36.  Foursomes in the afternoon.  I like it when someone else has to hit the next one after I mess up.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2019, 04:02:56 PM »
Oh, we could probably manage apres-lunch foursomes now you come to mention it!
 ;D
M.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2019, 04:05:51 PM »
Double post
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 04:08:14 PM by Mark Pearce »
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2019, 04:07:41 PM »
As for 36 on Friday & Saturday... I'm hopeful that one of those rounds each day will be foursomes.
I think foursomes in the afternoon is a great game, and am hoping (expecting) that most will agree.  Having said which, I do understand that anyone just playing the afternoon is likely to want to play their own ball.  If the foursomes groups head out first, that should work fine.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Michael Graham

« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2019, 04:16:53 PM »
36.  Foursomes in the afternoon.  I like it when someone else has to hit the next one after I mess up.

+2 for Paul and I.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2019, 06:36:48 PM »
Ulrich,

In Belmullet, the restaurant wanted the group to pay in one go.  Fair enough, that's how it was booked.  When it came to time to pay, we divided it by the number of diners and asked people to pay that much.  By the time people had made their own deductions for "not having a main course" or "I wasn't drinking" we were £300 short.  I'm not that generous, I'm afraid.  Of course, if you'd like to organise the dinner, let me know and I'll put you in touch with the restaurant.  Otherwise, those are the options unless you or someone else has a better (and easier to implement) idea.

Mark

That place in Belmullet couldn't keep an accurate accounting, and I think they ripped Robin off. Rich and I each ordered a bottle of Tempranillo. When I went to pay they had no such bottle of wine on their bill, so I paid for some different red wine that was on the bill. Lousy record keeping on their part.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Steve Wilson

« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2019, 07:20:21 PM »
I played the Golspie Senior Open today with two fellows from Northumberland.  They both seemed knowledgeable about the two courses and indicated that Goswick is the easier walk. That being said  I’d Lille to try 36 on both days but will know more on Saturday following the morning round. As some others have voiced their preference for foursomes in the PM, I’ll echo that choice.
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Bill Gayne

« Reply #232 on: August 26, 2019, 07:34:58 PM »
Ulrich,
In the US, most places resist having separate bills when the group grows beyond 6. Not sure what's typical in Northumberland.

John and Ulrich,

I've been told the American side doesn't have to worry about paying for food at the opening dinner. The Euros are fine and gracious hosts and thankful that we've come to their shores. As Martin says "only 18s."

Bill

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #233 on: August 26, 2019, 09:25:47 PM »
At my age it is hole by hole that I have to determine my ability to go on so hopefully my body won't realize what is going on and can make it through both rounds but even with that in mind I would prefer foursomes for the second round. 

BTW:   I am confident that Chris Handy will be up for 36 a day as he is far younger than I.

mike_malone

« Reply #234 on: August 26, 2019, 09:30:17 PM »
I am up for 36 each day and any format chosen.
AKA Mayday

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #235 on: August 27, 2019, 04:18:26 AM »

Mark,

Could you look at your GCA PM for message about deposit.

If you get enough interest to reserve some electric trolleys I would take one.  If not I'll get one on day of play.

Re dinner, I'd prefer breaking down by table.  I don't really want to share the costs of those with appetizers, lobster dinners and multiple bottles of wine since I will be having none of those.  Maybe Ulrich and I and others of a similar mind can share a table.  And, yes it would be terrible to have another Belmullet episode.

I hope to play 36 Friday and Saturday (legs and stamina willing) and 4-somes in the afternoon would be good.  It wouldn't be BUDA without some 4-somes or green-somes.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #236 on: August 27, 2019, 09:09:23 AM »
36 a day & strongly prefer afternoon foursomes

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #237 on: August 27, 2019, 09:51:13 AM »

Jason you are not the only one who likes it when you mess up ;)

36 a day please.

Do we need Captains - to wake the laggards after lunch?

I'd like to nominate Michael Graham for the Euro's ( I did mean to ask him first, but somehow I forgot....)
Let's make GCA grate again!

Sean_A

« Reply #238 on: August 27, 2019, 10:01:27 AM »
My preferences

PM 4ball on Friday...if no PM 4balls then AM 4ball
AM 4ball on Saturday

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Ashridge, Kennemer, de Pan, Eindhoven, Hilversumche, Royal Ostend & Alnmouth

Jason Topp

« Reply #239 on: August 27, 2019, 10:13:03 AM »

Jason you are not the only one who likes it when you mess up ;)

I look forward to reconnecting Tony!

Sean Walsh

« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2019, 03:57:37 PM »
Happy to play Foursomes.

Happy with either pay by table or pay for your own.

Sean Walsh

« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2019, 04:00:39 PM »
If anyone has a spare bed in their accomodation and are happy to take in a hobo from Australia please DM me.

Michael Graham

« Reply #242 on: August 29, 2019, 07:41:58 AM »
I've booked 09:22 and 14:48 next Thursday. We have a free spot for both morning and afternoon rounds. Let me know either here or via PM and I'll add you to our booking.

The afternoon now looks like:

14:30 Sean
14:39 David
14:48 Michael

15:42 Tony

John Cowden

« Reply #243 on: August 30, 2019, 11:01:58 AM »
Foursomes on Saturday afternoon, round 2 at Dunstanburgh, would be grand.  Since Connie and I will miss Friday’s morning round at Goswick, I would prefer four ball for that afternoon’s round.  Cheers.  Travel safe all.

Niall C

« Reply #244 on: August 30, 2019, 11:08:56 AM »
Happy to leave it to the organiser

John Cowden

« Reply #245 on: August 30, 2019, 11:12:55 AM »
Absolutely.  Looking forward...

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2019, 05:23:08 PM »
Only a week to go and I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to this year’s BUDA.
There’s a bunch of folk I can’t wait to get reacquainted with, a lot of names I’m looking forward to putting faces to and a good few drams to be had in memory of dearly departed friends.
Oh, and some golf too, of course.
See you all next Friday.
Love,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2019, 10:45:58 AM »
Do we have captains, yet?

Dean DiBerardino

« Reply #248 on: September 01, 2019, 02:42:38 PM »
Thank you for planning the event.

• Mike Kain and I plan to play 36-36-18. Tom Quarton will be with us and may act as a sub if needed.
  • We will have cash to settle up our balances when requested.
  • Please include the three of us for dinner at The Potted Lobster on Saturday the 7th.
  • Current GHIN Handicaps as of September 1st: Mike Kain is a 14.6 index; Dean DiBerardino is a 7.4 index; Tom Quarton (if needed) is a 7.2 index.
  • We are Buda rookies, so we’ll play whatever format whenever we are instructed.
  • We are departing for Dornoch as soon as play concludes on Sunday. Mikey and I would like to request tee times in the earlier scheduled groups on Sunday if there is a possibility.
  • We have a 12:51 tee time at North Berwick on Thursday and are staying in Seahouses for the Buda, so we are not sure if we will attend dinner at the Herringbone. Please keep us in mind if anyone is staying in Seahouses/Bamburgh on Thursday night and making plans for drinks/dinner there.

Please let me know if there is any other info needed. We look forward to being there and meeting everyone!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 02:46:10 PM by Dean DiBerardino »

Mark Pearce

« Reply #249 on: September 01, 2019, 03:52:09 PM »
Dean,

I have suggested elsewhere that we might congregate in the Lord Crewe in Bamburgh on Thursday evening.

Mark

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back