News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_Roths

Aussie/NZ 2020
« on: October 03, 2018, 11:15:23 AM »
Okay, starting to look a bit further out.

Outside the known places... would any of these be open to play:

National - Doak Redo?
Tara Iti II -?
Any third courses at Barnbougle in planning?
New course near Arrowtown or short course?  Thought I read something..

Tom_Doak

Re: Aussie/NZ 2020
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 11:27:02 AM »

Outside the known places... would any of these be open to play:

National - Doak Redo?
Tara Iti II -?
Any third courses at Barnbougle in planning?
New course near Arrowtown or short course?  Thought I read something..

Hi Steve:

Our work at The National should reopen in March 2019.  They are going to re-name the course.

The courses down the beach from Tara Iti still need final permits.  The earliest they could be open for play would be in late 2020, but some things have to fall in place for that to happen.

The thing near Arrowtown is probably Darius Oliver's short course which is adjacent to The Hills.  If it's not open already, it surely will be next year.

Daryl David

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 11:42:53 AM »
The Farm, Darius Oliver's short course at The Hills, will be open in late Feb around the time of the NZ Open.  There is a 4th 9 holes planned for Millbrook Resort being designed by Greg Turner and Scott Macpherson.  Construction was to have started sometime this year. Not sure how far along that project is.

Steve_Roths

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 11:46:49 AM »
Got it.  Great. Thanks!

Charles Lund

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 01:10:54 AM »
When the Doak redesign opens at The National in March, 2019, play will be limited initially.  My understanding is that play will be limited to Members only, with no guests not permitted.  By 2020, those constraints are more likely to be lifted.

I hope to get in a round or two in late March and April and again when I am back later in 2019.

Charles Lund

Tom_Doak

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 02:24:57 AM »
When the Doak redesign opens at The National in March, 2019, play will be limited initially.  My understanding is that play will be limited to Members only, with no guests permitted.

I had not heard this but with their big membership, it makes sense.  Bel Air did the same for the first six weeks.  It's nice to see clubs promoting member play ahead of trying to get ranked.

Brian Walshe

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 12:42:12 AM »

The new course at the National will be members only (no visitors and no reciprocals)  for the first 6 months and then only available for members play 2 or 3 days a week, Saturday and the others on rotation.  I wouldn't be surprised if they lengthened the tee slots out a few minutes to reduce the numbers as well.  The club is very keen to ensure the course has a good chance to establish itself and given the interest (there were over 100 people there for the course walk with Tom on Saturday) it's likely that even members might find it tough to get a game until things settle down. 

From the 5 or 6 holes that we saw Saturday it is going to be pretty spectacular and a significant improvement over what was there before.  With St Andrews Beach just around the corner and the new RACV hotel next door, I'd imagine that the Mornington Peninsula might make it onto the itineraries of people coming to visit the Sandbelt.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back