News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew Rose

Re: Ryder Cup Predictions
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2018, 03:58:45 PM »
And the Captains for the next Ryder Cup in 2020 will be - drum roll -

- Europe.....?
- USA ......?

atb

Steve Stricker. Assistant last two times. Venue in Wisconsin.

American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2018, 05:23:44 PM »
and Harrington.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2018, 05:59:19 PM »
I'm really curious to see when -- or if -- Phil and Tiger will captain the U.S. team. Phil has already reached the typical age of a captain, and Tiger will be there soon. Their abysmal RC records, however, would suggest that they won't be any more successful than Furyk. I'm assuming that the PGA of America will ignore their leadership qualities and success rates in favor of their name recognition -- in other words, the money they would bring to the event in terms of TV ratings. So how much does winning the Cup REALLY matter to the PGA?
Ask Larry Nelson.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Matthew Rose

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2018, 07:48:32 PM »
I could see Phil at Bethpage.

Tiger might get 2026 when he's 50.

American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back