News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Sherma

Grand Cayman
« on: October 01, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »
I'll be heading to a grand Cayman on business in the near future. Saw that there were a few options on the island. Two nine hole courses, Blue Tip by Greg Norman and Britannia, the course for which the Cayman ball was originally made for. Also an 18 hole course, North Sound Golf Club.

Hoping someone has some thoughts on these and whether it's worth taking the clubs with me or not. Thanks in advance.

B.Ross

Re: Grand Cayman
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »
i played north sound around MLK day 2017 and thought it was okay. it's a roy case course, you got some fun holes, great views on back 9 and a ton of wind. ball rolls out nicely. id say play there

Jason Topp

Re: Grand Cayman
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 04:29:13 PM »
I was there in March.  Britannia is closed I believe.  Remaining courses are North Sound and the course at the Ritz. 

North Sound feels like a municipal course but is fine if you have the itch to play.  Very windy, very flat and very firm but enough interest you will not feel like you wasted your time.  Conditioning was adequate.  Cost was higher than you would want to pay for such a course in the US but for an island I thought it was relatively reasonable.

Ritz appeared to be higher end with a lot of water and better conditions. I did not play it because it still did not appear to be a memorable course and I opted for the lower fee at North Sound.     

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back