News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Thompson

Sounds great![size=78%] Thanks much for putting this together. [/size]

Dan Kelly

If anyone is looking for a game that morning, August 3rd, I would be happy to have you come to Midland Hills (Seth Raynor, 1919). Tyler Kearns has expressed interest; I'll have room for at least two more -- more than that if I can find a second host, which usually isn't difficult.

Send me a personal message, if interested.

Dan

"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

PCCraig

The participant list has been updated in the first post.

Wanted to follow up with a few details.

Our plan is to have five foursomes starting at 2:00pm.

After golf we will have a cocktail hour on the outdoor patio as groups finish followed by a steak dinner and discussion in the golf house. If someone doesn't eat meat and would prefer a Walleye dinner instead, please let me know.

The cost for the day will be $190 per guest. That cost includes golf, forecaddies, dinner, all the tap beer you want during and after the round, and all gratuities. Guests can pay for their expenses when they arrive in the pro shop. If folks want anything else in addition to above to eat/drink (snacks, cocktails other than beer, etc.) the golf house will be able to accept cash only.

Hopefully that works for everyone. We're looking forward to having everyone at White Bear in a couple of weeks!

Thanks,

Pat
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:12:41 AM by PCCraig »
H.P.S.

PCCraig

Just bumping this up to the top for those joining us next week at White Bear. I think our group is pretty much set but wanted to give everyone the opportunity to ask questions, request recommendations, etc.

Next week I'll post the pairings and approximate tee times.

H.P.S.

Dan Kelly

If anyone is looking for a game that morning, August 3rd, I would be happy to have you come to Midland Hills (Seth Raynor, 1919). Tyler Kearns has expressed interest; I'll have room for at least two more -- more than that if I can find a second host, which usually isn't difficult.

Send me a personal message, if interested.

Dan

We have a foursome and a threesome at Midland at 8:00 and 8:10 next Friday morning.

Still one opening, if anyone wants it.

The course is in A-1 condition.

Dan
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

PCCraig

Gents,

Below are our tee times & groups this Friday at White Bear.

Just a reminder that the cost for the day will be $190 per guest. That cost includes golf, forecaddies, dinner, all the tap beer you want during and after the round, and all gratuities. Guests can pay for their expenses when they arrive in the pro shop. If folks want anything else in addition to above to eat/drink (snacks, cocktails other than beer, etc.) the golf house will be able to accept cash only.

For those that have never visited WBYC before, all activities will be on the north side of the road "the golf house." Please drop your bag near the cart staging area and check in with the pro shop. The locker room attendant will be expecting you and will point you in the direction of a guest locker. There is a range at the course that you're welcome to use before your round. I'll plan to be at the club no later than 1:00pm to help greet everyone.

Please enjoy the day but also play ready golf! Once we're done with golf we'll have a brief cocktail hour while steaks are grilled out by the 9th green. Discussion to follow.

Here are the pairings (all "tee times" are approximate, please be ready to tee off behind the group in front of you):

2:00pm
Mark Mammel
Ran Morrissett
Ted Sturges
Matt Bosela

2:10pm
Jeff Shelman
Jay Mickle
Frank Kim
Lou Duran

2:20pm
Jason Thompson
Ross Harmon
Steve Kline

2:30pm
Pat Craig
Vaughn Halyard
Bill Morrissett
Tyler Kearns

2:40pm
Guy Whitehead
Bill Steele
Jason Thurman
Dave Herrick

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:55:28 AM by PCCraig »
H.P.S.

PCCraig

Just bumping to the top in advance of our outing tomorrow afternoon.

Our friends from North Carolina will be right at home as it's forecasted to be ~87* tomorrow afternoon. Hot for Minnesota!

Looking forward to seeing everyone. If anyone needs anything in advance please let me know.
H.P.S.

PCCraig

One last bump before this afternoon's event. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.
H.P.S.

PCCraig

Thank you to everyone who came out to play White Bear last Friday on their way to Northland for the Mashie. Despite some morning rain softening the course, we had a wonderful afternoon of weather to enjoy the course. The Superintendent, John Steiner, and his team were nice enough to put the pins in places emphasizing fun and Dr. Mammel recommended that we mostly play the original set of tees which tend to offer the best vistas such as the top tee on #9. After golf we had a spirited cocktail hour on the patio while our steaks were grilled. We retired to the golf house porch where we enjoyed dinner and discussion before a violent wave of storms chased us home.

Here are a few photos from our day.

The par-4 5th from behind:

Looking up the Par-5 7th from the 6th tee:

Bill Morrissett crushing one down the 9th:

GCAers playing up the par-5 13th:

Group shot at dinner:

Bill Morrissett's brother addressing the group over root beer floats:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:22:59 AM by PCCraig »
H.P.S.

V_Halyard

Thank you to everyone who came out to play White Bear last Friday on their way to Northland for the Mashie.

Pat, You're welcome?  Ha!
How absurdly gracious of you for thanking us for allowing you to host us at a surreal golf location!
Thank you and Jeff for facilitating a fantastic round and follow-up meal shared with a great GCA crew, Bill Morrissett and his Brother!

Vaughn
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:24:48 PM by V_Halyard »
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back