News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JESII

Re: The Inanity of Par
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 04:12:29 PM »
If that ruins the social aspect of golf for some, I’d say it’s their fault...

JMEvensky

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 04:16:19 PM »

If that ruins the social aspect of golf for some, I’d say it’s their fault...

Agreed. I do it every weekend--no problem at all.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 04:25:23 PM »
No-one has picked up what, for me, is the oddest thing about the OP.  I cannot, for the life of me, understand why two friends would choose to play golf together and then choose to play a different set of tees.  That leads to a disrupted, rhythm less game.  Agree the set of tees you're going to play and have a game of golf.  And compare your scores on each hole, adjusted, if you want, by handicap.  Simples.

Husbands and wives play together from different tees......but then again do H&W’s count as friends! :)

Being serious for a moment, some clubs in the U.K. have started to adopt an approach in men’s amateur medals and stablefords where guys can play in the same 2-3-4-ball but play from different coloured tees (different prize divisions). I think this approach has been adopted in parts of Europe for a while.

Atb
Sound dreadful.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 11:05:12 PM »
Edit - sorry, wrong thread.
P
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 11:25:48 PM by Peter Pallotta »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back