News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Posting Photos from iPad Flickr into GCA
« on: May 13, 2018, 06:28:22 PM »
Over on my Royal Melbourne thread, Dai asked if I could explain a bit more about this. Here’s how I’m doing it now. Firstly, this only applies to the iPad/Apple version of Flickr as far as I am aware. I’m mostly posting from my iPad these days, so I’ve been wondering about this for a while.
The iPad version of Flickr doesn’t have the same linking options as the PC one, so, for ages, I haven’t been posting pics. Someone made me aware of a possible fix, which I tried and it seems to work!

This takes longer to explain than to actually do, so bear with me!

Flickr on the iPad has a little ‘sharing’ curved arrow bottom right when you’ve got a photo open. Clicking it opens the iPad sharing dialogue box, which has a ‘copy URL’ button, which you should click. This doesn’t generate a link which GCA can use, but does create a shareable link which you CAN use in a BBCODE generator which can then be posted into a GCA thread. I’ve been using this one:
https://tools.rackonly.com/
which, if you click on, you’ll see takes you to a very simple but nice webpage. Scroll down a bit and there’s a line for pasting your Flickr link into and a little button handily marked ‘get code’ to make the BBCode link. You’ll see the link appear, which also then gets a little ‘Copy’ button, which you should click. (I’ve been deleting the unnecessary text bit - all you need is the text in the section starting with img and ending with /img in the square brackets).
Come back into GCA and Paste your link into a thread and voila - A Photo!

Sounds complicated, but it’s really not!
Have at it...
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Thomas Dai

Re: Posting Photos from iPad Flickr into GCA
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 10:05:48 AM »
Thanks Marty. I shall experiment and see what happens.
Atb

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 12:47:38 PM »
I've just noticed today that using Flickr on my Amazon Fire tablet which runs the Silk browser, I'm able to generate BBCode without using a third party addition.
Very easy!
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jason Topp

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 12:37:48 PM »
Getting it - Ailnmouth Village Golf Course 

Scotland/Northumberland by Jason Topp, on Flickr
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:58:42 PM by Jason Topp »

V_Halyard

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 09:51:27 AM »
Getting it - Ailnmouth Village Golf Course 

Scotland/Northumberland by Jason Topp, on Flickr
Gorgeous. Is this. test or a taunt...  #both  ;)
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back