News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

It preserves a point in time and architecture.

What point in time?
The Alister MacKenzie time?
The Perry Maxwell time?
The Trent Jones time?
The tiger proofing time?
;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Mike Bodo

The revenues taken  from the masters tournament are no doubt the highest of any tournament, and perhaps by multiples.  They are a non profit and the membership doesn't take distributions from any profits, those get utilized to further the course and the worldwide efforts to promote amateur golf.  I'm sure they have a large amount of revenue that they keep back for purchasing half of the city of Augusta and paying off Augusta CC for land, which until utilized is invested and they have retained earnings year over year.
I heard through the grapevine that members at ANGC pay no annual or monthly dues and that's because The Master's itself makes so much money that it dwarfs what the club can take in annually from a paying membership. This in of itself gives the ANGC board free reign to pick and choose who they want and don't want as members of their club, thus its exclusivity.
"90% of all putts left short are missed." - Yogi Berra

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back