News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Hixson to build course at Sims Corner Eskers and Kames
« on: April 01, 2018, 10:16:05 PM »
Having completed two acclaimed courses (Wine Valley and Silvies Valley Ranch) in the Columbia Plateau of the Pacific northwest, Dan Hixson has been chosen to build yet another epic course in the region. This course will be build on the glacial remains of the ice age at Sims Corner Eskers and Kames. His goal will be to improve on efforts to build on such a landscape by preserving the natural features as opposed to bulldozing some of them as was done at Erin Hills in WI.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 12:14:32 PM by Garland Bayley »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Garland Bayley

Re: Hixson to build course at Sims Corner Eskers and Kames
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 10:23:57 AM »
In case someone didn't notice, this was my attempt at an April Fools.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

Re: Hixson to build course at Sims Corner Eskers and Kames
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 02:07:32 PM »
Garland,

I've been there so i got the joke, but for most in here the reference was a bit too obscure. 

There is some fantastically interesting landforms in Central WA left over from the massive ice age floods.  When I lived in Spokane I drove out there a few times per year to check out different stuff!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back