News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Desert Mountain News...
« on: March 04, 2018, 09:58:02 AM »
Renegade, the original course, is being renovated by Nicklaus Design. JN recently visited to advise club members on the work:

https://www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/in-house/country-clubs/jack-back-golden-bear-returns-desert-mountain

In the meantime, I am being bombarded with television commercials for memberships available at DM.
http://desertmountain.com/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:00:52 AM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

PCCraig

Re: Desert Mountain News...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 10:08:23 AM »
Are any of the courses at Desert Mountain any good?
H.P.S.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 10:51:07 AM »
Any good?  Well...Chiricahua  and Geronimo are listed in GW's Best AZ Residential Courses. Cochise hosted a Senior Tour major and the Schwab Cup final. Residents like Apache from what I hear. .Outlaw is probably the most difficult.  I've only played Renegade, Cochise and my favorite,  Geronimo
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson

Dave Givnish

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 12:57:43 PM »
They are also building a new 18-hole par 3 course at the west end of the property. It is in the grading process now, and should be grassed by late summer if all the permits come through. They are using a grass on this, and I think on Renegade, that would not have to be overseeded.

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 01:22:18 PM »
“Year round cool season turf.” That’s pretty impressive and shows how far Turf varieties have come.
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 01:39:37 PM »
I played Outlaw on New Year's Day. I thought it was pretty good and pretty fun. Not super penal, totally walkable. I could play there on a regular basis.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 02:41:16 PM »
Desert Mountain has had numerous headlines with their membership resale program and lawsuits by members who can't get out of it as they claim they should be allowed to.  I think they were charging $250k initiation before 2008.  Now can be had for like 40k I think.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 03:45:29 PM »
From my favorite golf news litigation website:

http://www.golfdisputeresolution.com/?p=5332

Members lost. Appeal filed and probably still pending. I believe the television ads are for non resident memberships, the price of which is not known by me.  Resident memberships are still subject to property ownership and are priced subject to market fluctuations. Hopefully, the ByLaws have been changed.

Steve Shaffer, Esquire  AV Preeminent® Martindale.com
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:47:56 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 11:09:15 PM »
No National Memberships per se;however, one can buy an Equity Membership as a non property owner, the current value of which is in the mid 40s. Also, yearly dues are almost 20K and yearly food minimum is 2K. Further, there are many additional fees including $25 cart fee pp for those needing one.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back