News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Emile Bonfiglio

Tara Iti: photo/video essay by No Laying Up
« on: March 03, 2018, 11:40:58 PM »
I thought this was such a cool way to display a course for review. I was blown away.
http://taraiti.nolayingup.com Must view it on PC, not a mobile device.

Also worth checking out is, Sand Valley Magazine:
http://pub.dreamgolfresorts.com/i/945801-2018/23?

If these two examples are the future of golf media, I like it...I like it a lot!
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Thomas Dai

Re: Tara Iti: photo/video essay by No Laying Up
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 06:05:31 AM »
I thought this was such a cool way to display a course for review. I was blown away.
http://taraiti.nolayingup.com Must view it on PC, not a mobile device.

Thanks for sharing EB. Really nice to see some close-ups and the terrific and imaginative design and contouring. The more I see, the more I like.
atb

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 09:20:11 AM »
I've been to Streamsong and never realized it was so close to the ocean. Had to turn this off after the drone shots.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 11:44:26 AM »
I've been to Streamsong and never realized it was so close to the ocean. Had to turn this off after the drone shots.

Pretty lazy critique, coming from you.  Does it not matter what the individual golf holes are like?  Sandy courses are just all the same?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 11:54:51 AM »
I am not critiquing the course. I simply did not have the patience to wait until the drone shot concluded.  I just wish these people could get over themselves and edit something.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 12:07:13 PM »
I am not critiquing the course. I simply did not have the patience to wait until the drone shot concluded.  I just wish these people could get over themselves and edit something.

Oh.  Yes, they don't have much for instructions, but it's a twenty-page presentation with photos and videos.  You just hit the up/down buttons on your keyboard to advance to the next page, so you can skip out of that opening drone shot pretty quickly if you want.

jeffwarne

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 12:40:21 PM »

Oh.  Yes, they don't have much for instructions, but it's a twenty-page presentation with photos and videos.  You just hit the up/down buttons on your keyboard to advance to the next page, so you can skip out of that opening drone shot pretty quickly if you want.

if nothing else an intelligence test
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 12:51:12 PM »
I'm flying into a destination tomorrow where I have never been. I'm sure every course I see outside the window of the plane will look fantastic. The view may motivate me to rent some clubs and secure a tee time.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 01:04:26 PM »
Also worth checking out is, Sand Valley Magazine: http://pub.dreamgolfresorts.com/i/945801-2018/23?

The above link does make Sand Valley look like a great place to visit. I'm curious about one small thing. As someone who I don't believe has ever paid a caddie less than $100 has the going rate before tip doubled in recent history? Were people going to these resorts and not tipping their caddie? Was the only solution raising the prices on those who always have? My last caddie cost me $150 because their is no way in hell I'm just paying the minimum. My inflated ego and all.

I am looking forward to seeing the resort but never thought I'd see a day when my caddie fees exceed my bar bill. That ain't right!!!

Jeff Schley

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 02:13:46 PM »
That is probably the best drone course video I have seen, especially due to the beautiful course.  Awesome!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

E P Purmort

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 02:15:18 PM »

I may be my most patient version of myself when awaiting the loading of 4K footage on that magnificent property. Gorgeous.

Compliments to the NLU crew for this fine multimedia experience. I loved the narrative sync'd with video to highlight the key features of various holes. It made the course come to life.

William_G

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 02:22:30 PM »
well done and thanks Emile

Tara Iti looks great and so does Sand Valley

will get to SV before NZ, plus Tara Iti is private

so much golf so little time

https://vimeo.com/136138986    (Bandon)

It's all about the golf!

William_G

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 02:39:57 PM »

If these two examples are the future of golf media, I like it...I like it a lot!

this is definitely the present and future of luxury real estate sales  ;)
It's all about the golf!

Frank M

Re: Tara Iti: photo/video essay by No Laying Up New
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 04:37:21 PM »
All the videos take quite a bit to load and my internet connection is very fast. The placeholder photos are horrible, too. It was a slow, painful experience truthfully that isn't compatible across devices. There's some decent videos of an exquisite subject, but I can get those on YouTube without the painful user experience.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 01:34:32 AM by Frank M »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 05:45:57 PM »

John,

All of the videos in each segment are on a loop....

::) ::)

William_G

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2018, 10:12:50 PM »
If this is the future of golf media, it's not well thought out. If the future is websites asking you to go to your desktop to view, there's a problem.

All the videos take quite a bit to load and my internet connection is very fast. The placeholder photos are horrible, too. It was a slow, painful experience truthfully that isn't compatible across devices. There's some decent videos of an exquisite subject, but I can get those on YouTube without the painful user experience.

LOL, you must not know what a "very fast internet connection" actually can be.
It's all about the golf!

Frank M

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2018, 10:17:46 PM »

Yeah, I guess my 1Gbps download speed isn't very fast.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 01:33:49 AM by Frank M »

William_G

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2018, 11:13:17 PM »

Yeah, I guess my 1Gbps (not a typo) download speed isn't very fast.  ::)

I don't know man, first world problems everywhere here

To "complain" about speed if you are driving that fast, your speedometer must be broken

It's all about the golf!

Frank M

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2018, 11:37:46 PM »
I don't know man, first world problems everywhere here

To "complain" about speed if you are driving that fast, your speedometer must be broken

There's a big difference between complaining and pointing out something that's "not up to par" and/or poorly implemented. I don't complain about things I don't have to consume, I just don't consume them.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 01:33:21 AM by Frank M »

William_G

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2018, 11:53:47 PM »
everyone can have an opinion but facts are facts

wow  ::)

thanks again Emile
It's all about the golf!

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 12:28:06 AM »

this is definitely the present and future of luxury real estate sales  ;)

I can't deny that...hopefully we can manage to hang around for a few more years! :D
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

David Davis

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 06:44:53 AM »
Thanks for posting Emile. Wonderful way to present the courses. Hard for me to find much wrong with that. Not sure if there was volume however as mine was turned off. I'll trying again later.

[/size]
[/size]Interesting that every time I played the wind was hard from the near opposite direction. More behind on 7.
[/size]
[/size]Just an FYI not all balls funnel to the holes even though they made it look a bit like that.
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 08:31:59 AM »
The disadvantage of drone shots is that you see the cart paths in all their gory detail. Hopefully they are more palatable from the ground.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »
The question is how do I convince my wife that we need to go to New Zealand without mentioning golf.  How far is the course from Auckland?

Tom_Doak

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2018, 09:43:49 AM »
The disadvantage of drone shots is that you see the cart paths in all their gory detail. Hopefully they are more palatable from the ground.

Those are maintenance paths, as there are no carts allowed except for those with a medical need.  You would never notice them while playing.  I'm kind of surprised they stood out to you in the videos, honestly!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back