News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Lawrence

Re: NINE GRAND, Cleveland, TX, New Golf Course Construction Tour 2/5/18
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2018, 01:38:24 PM »
George -- as I'm sure you figured from the raccoon bit, my tongue was firmly inserted in my cheek.

However, fwiw, I did feel you were rather generalising about the press, and as I've been in it for over 25 years, I do take that kind of thing fairly personally. Tony Dear, who wrote the piece you're referencing, is a good friend and a good reporter. We all makes mistakes all the time, we miss things that some people might think important and we include things that others might think irrelevant. When you only have a certain number of words and a certain amount of time, c'est la vie.

As for printing things people didn't say, we all do that too, all the time. Interviewees have an irritating habit of umming and ahhing, of talking around the subject and digressing wildly. It's our job to make them sound smart and relevant. If I print what you meant then I've succeeded. C'est aussi la vie.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

George Pazin

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 01:47:24 PM »
I did generalise, and I can understand you taking it personally, even if it wasn't intended in that manner. I had the same experience with another poster on the recent JN thread.

Nobody is perfect, and that was my point. We all make mistakes, sometimes with the best of intentions. But I understand Don's frustrations, too, and have the highest regard for Don and Mike, which is why I said what I said.

And I rarely ummm and ahhh... I have other ticks, not often involving raccoons. [/size]:)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Thomas Dai

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2019, 04:51:42 PM »
I came across the article - https://www.golfadvisor.com/articles/nine-grand-oaks-reserve-cleveland-texas-mike-nuzzo
Seems like the kind of facility there should be more of. Well done to all involved.
Atb

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back