News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Lane

Re: Rees Jones and tree removal insanity
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM »
Somewhere there is probably a balance point between using leaf blowers and pick-up equipment to collect leaves and the eco-detriment this produces in relation to the enviro benefits that the trees have. ie no trees*, no leaves, no leaf blowers and no pick-up equip needed.

As to safety, I'm not entirely convinced by this. Off-course and course boundary issues I can appreciate, on-course not so sure. I'd rather see the incoming 1.68" missile and be aware of others playing. And hedges may provide a visual screen but the chatter of unseeing players on one side can still be heard on the other side when you're hitting a shot.

atb

* An aspect that needs consideration is deciduous trees vrs evergreens. Thoughts?

The image you have here also shows exactly the type of unnatural, laser straight row of trees that (IMHO) looks horrible and detracts from the enjoyment of golf.  Yuck....

Garland Bayley

Re: Rees Jones and tree removal insanity
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2017, 12:07:06 PM »

* An aspect that needs consideration is deciduous trees vrs evergreens. Thoughts?

A source of great organic fertilizer.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back