News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Graham

Re: 2018 BUDA, Golspie and Brora
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2017, 03:06:49 AM »
Steve,

Sounds like a great lineup. I'm really looking forward to my first BUDA on home soil. Please can you add me and a guest (my brother) to the list of participants. Thanks. 

David McIntosh

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2017, 03:41:17 AM »
Steve,

Just noticed you’d started a list of those showing interest in the OP - could you please add me too. Thanks.

Ian Galbraith

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2017, 04:04:55 AM »
Can you add my name too - thanks

Ian

Emil Weber

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2017, 08:01:18 AM »
Emil,
Your name will go on the list.

Those dates will go in my calendar. Thanks!

Dave Herrick

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2017, 09:11:17 AM »
Please add me to the list of attendees.

David_Tepper

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2017, 12:42:12 PM »
Just a reminder that, with the Dornoch member-guest scheduled for May 26-27-28 and the Brora Golf Week running May 27-June 1, demand for accommodations in the general area will be high in late May.

In addition to the apartments at the Royal Marine in Brora and the Golf Links Hotel in Golspie (that I linked earlier), here is a listing of some rentals available in the Golspie area:

http://www.scottish-cottages.co.uk/highlands-and-islands/northern-highlands/golspie

mike_malone

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2017, 01:17:56 PM »
Steve
Thanks for your work. Sign me up.
AKA Mayday

John Mayhugh

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2017, 01:34:32 PM »
Steve,
Please add me to the list.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2017, 02:02:25 PM »
Again, in light of the accommodation shortage, is there really no way that Brora would have us in June?

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2017, 02:10:12 PM »

Again, in light of the accommodation shortage, is there really no way that Brora would have us in June?

Ulrich

I would have thought there would be no problem about getting any date after the 2nd of June Ulrich. I am concerned/perplexed as to why the may dates are been discussed given the obvious drawbacks. Still, I am only from the area working in the trade so what do I know ::)

Jon
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:12:44 PM by Jon Wiggett »

Ben Stephens

« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2017, 02:12:45 PM »
Steve,

Can you please add me to the list

Guys - working on my game for next year  ;D

Rich Goodale

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2017, 06:53:54 PM »
Steve

It looks like things are moving smoothly, with a lot of wizened old hands and a lot of newbies planning to be there.  I know there are some who might not be able to make a late May event, but c'est la vie.  I'm sure that I'm not the only BUDA regular who has been unable to make it to some events due to other commitments.  As for Dornoch access, one possibility for those who wish to play is to rent a place for the May-23-25. period and then to BUDA central in Brora (assuming agent Boon's enquiries have been successful).  As for Dornoch there is a great property available in the town which is (now) avilable.  £300/day but very much worth it.  See below:

http://www.dornochtownandcountrylettings.co.uk/knockbreck.php

Rich
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Steve Wilson

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2017, 10:45:57 PM »

Thanks Rich.  All suggestions for accommodations, etc. are appreciated.
We already have more people expressing interest than we have spots for.  What is the consensus on potentially expanding the field.

Can we do more than 32?  Can we even do 32 given our failure to live up to our stated adherence to fast play?

Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2017, 03:36:03 PM »
Steve

I would vote for sticking at 32.  For one thing, few (if any) BUDAs yet have exceeded the Ryder Cup quota of 24.  Secondly, there will be drop outs (both for the event itself and for parts of it).  I'd strongly suggest that you require a non-refundable deposit of at least £100 and maybe £200 to separate the wheat from the chaff, given the strong (and rightful and even righteous) interest so far.  First come/first served has always been one of the mottoes of BUDA.

Keep up the good work

Rich
Life is good.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Ian Galbraith

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2017, 04:45:43 PM »
Steve

I would vote for sticking at 32.  For one thing, few (if any) BUDAs yet have exceeded the Ryder Cup quota of 24.  Secondly, there will be drop outs (both for the event itself and for parts of it).  I'd strongly suggest that you require a non-refundable deposit of at least £100 and maybe £200 to separate the wheat from the chaff, given the strong (and rightful and even righteous) interest so far.  First come/first served has always been one of the mottoes of BUDA.

Keep up the good work

Rich

+1, stick to 32,

Mark Pearce

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2017, 05:16:46 PM »
The reality is that half those expressing interest now will drop out.  If you already have 32, then put Conrad and me down as reserves.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Steve Wilson

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2017, 07:25:44 PM »
I already have you and Conrad down as having expressed interest. You are on the list so you needn't be reserves.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

mike_malone

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2017, 10:33:05 PM »
BTW my buddy Jack Weiner loved Buda but has two daughters graduating at that time so he can't come.
AKA Mayday

Mark Pearce

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2017, 03:00:41 AM »
I already have you and Conrad down as having expressed interest. You are on the list so you needn't be reserves.
Great news!
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2017, 09:42:23 AM »
Hopefully Josie and I will be on the list, with one caveat.

Josie loved BUDA 2016 (Carne/Enniscrone/Mulranny), partly because it was gender neutral.  As the current scratch ladies champion at Aberdour GC she would prefer to not have to thrash male weaklings over Golspie (where we first played together), Brora and possibly Dornoch (where we are both members) every day.

Women of the gca.com world, arise! and join us in Sutherland.  Please!

Rich
Life is good.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Rich Goodale

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2017, 05:59:24 PM »
I am all for a ramble over Coul Links on one of the nights out.  Afterwards, a pint or three at Grannie's Heilan Hame is highly recommended.
Life is good.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Steve Wilson

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2017, 09:24:12 PM »
Sorry I've been out of touch for the past three days.  I'm back and have been reading the email thread Tony, Mark, and James have been generating.  I'll have some thoughts for the email and for the board in a day or two.

Niall C

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2017, 12:06:50 PM »
Any further info on costs ?

Niall

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2017, 08:29:53 PM »
I am all for a ramble over Coul Links on one of the nights out.  Afterwards, a pint or three at Grannie's Heilan Hame is highly recommended.
Rihc - five of us have rented a house in Brora that has a lovely outdoor entertainment area and an indoor pool!!!  :o  It would be fabulous location for a bbq and social one evening. Let's plan on that.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Rich Goodale

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2017, 09:05:30 PM »
Well done, Mike!
Life is good.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back