News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Wilson

Re: 2018 BUDA, Golspie and Brora DEPOSITS NOW BEING ACCEPTED
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2018, 11:47:40 AM »
I'll try to be there at 7 and work one of my reciprocal rounds at Dornoch in for 20 quid.  Not likely to be an opening, but I'm certain I can find a course in the area otherwise.  Here's a chance for those of you who are desperate to play Dornoch at the rack rate.
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Stan Dodd

« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2018, 11:54:49 AM »
I booked the time just after Eric and can introduce a guest if anyone is interested.

David_Tepper

« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2018, 03:40:43 PM »
FYI, there are now drone video flyovers of all 18 holes at Golspie available on youtube.com.  If you want to whet your appetite for the BUDA with a tour of the course, you can start with hole #1 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8k4FR2_LNs
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 03:45:44 PM by David_Tepper »

Mark Pearce

« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2018, 04:04:32 PM »
Eric, Stan,

I know that Conrad and his friend Steve Rowe would be very interested in a game at Dornoch on the Friday.

Mark
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Stan Dodd

« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2018, 07:12:52 PM »
If OK with Eric we can make that our 2 - 2 balls and average cost of prepaid with my guest round.

Eric Smith

« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2018, 11:12:16 PM »
If OK with Eric we can make that our 2 - 2 balls and average cost of prepaid with my guest round.

That sounds like a plan, Stan. Thanks!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2018, 02:26:57 AM »
Thanks, Stan, Eric.  I'll let them know.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Ben Stephens

« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2018, 04:40:33 AM »
Steve,

Thank you so much for organizing! I'm looking forward to attending what will be my third BUDA and my first visit to the highlands.

I've booked a tee time for two at Dornoch on the Friday (May 25) at 7:08 AM at 160 quid per player. If anyone would like to join me, let me know, whenever. It's prepaid.

Eric

[/size][size=78%]I guess we will have to keep you away from the whisky distilleries all over this area [/size]

You will fit in well with that beard of yours.

Also Star Wars 9 is to be filmed in Argyll  ;D 

looking forward to seeing you again

Cheers
Ben

Eric Smith

« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2018, 03:25:29 PM »
Ben,

I’m looking forward to everything you just mentioned but please don’t worry about me and the distilleries! I’m in for the whole schmear.

Ben Stephens

« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2018, 04:53:44 PM »
Ben,

I’m looking forward to everything you just mentioned but please don’t worry about me and the distilleries! I’m in for the whole schmear.

My man it’s not you that I am worried about it’s the distilleries running dry :)

Looking forward to catching up in May

ward peyronnin

« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2018, 05:42:45 PM »
Shaida and I arrive Wed morning and are booking a time at The Burntisland Golf Club the next day founded in 1797 and situated on a marvelous headland overlooking Edinburgh. Willie Park Jr installed double greens, used crazy elevation changes, a 12 ft deep punchbowl par three green and other cool stuff. I have pondered before on here why this course recieves no recognition cause those with whom I have played it love it.

Plz let me know if you care to round out our twoball

Cheers
Chez Wardo
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2018, 06:15:23 PM »
Ward,
The current Burntisland course isn’t the one played way back then. It’s fun, but I can think of many courses in Fife I’d play before it.
Be cool to catch up in Fife though!
Cheers,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2018, 12:48:17 AM »
Ward,
The current Burntisland course isn’t the one played way back then.

Que, F???

The current course is mostly Willie Park Jr.  1898.  By "way back then" I assume you are talking about the original wee course on the common ground land now a summer time amusement park which was designed by the singularity.

G
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

ward peyronnin

« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2018, 09:51:09 AM »
Rich

I am intrigued by what exactly the singularity is? A branch of the Illuminati?
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Rich Goodale

« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2018, 02:54:14 PM »
Rich

I am intrigued by what exactly the singularity is? A branch of the Illuminati?

Dear Wardo

It's for those who do not believe in god.

Rich
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Steve Wilson

« Reply #165 on: March 07, 2018, 11:33:00 AM »
Gents,

I'm going to need to know who will be needing buggies and for how many rounds in a given day.

Remember 36 at Brora on Saturday and 36 at Golspie the next day.

Brora is a little longer and a little tougher walk as the ups and downs are reserved for the final four holes.  Both clubs have a limited  number of buggies.  To clarify, buggies are what the Brits call golf carts.  Pull carts are trolleys.  They have both electric and golfer powered pull carts at both clubs.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2018, 06:38:47 PM »
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:33:33 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

ward peyronnin

« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2018, 11:10:36 PM »
Steve I will need either a buggie or caddie

Steve Wilson

« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2018, 01:19:29 PM »
Ward,

For all rounds or just afternoon? 

Also note there should be a link at the bottom  initial post of this thread that provides access to the spreadsheet.

David McIntosh

« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2018, 05:38:33 PM »
Also note there should be a link at the bottom  initial post of this thread that provides access to the spreadsheet.
Steve,

I seem to be the only one without an ‘X’ against my name on the spreadsheet for day 2 at Golspie. I’m hoping I’ve not been dropped from the line-up on Monday but just wanted to flag to you for numbers purposes that I was planning on playing at Golspie on the Monday.

Jon Wiggett

Re: 2018 BUDA, Golspie and Brora LINK TO SPREADSHEET IN FIRST POST
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2018, 06:13:33 PM »

I am slightly surprised/concerned/disappointed that only one person has committed to the pre-BUDA event at my place. I hope a few more chose to take part.

Jon

Steve Wilson

« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2018, 08:11:18 PM »
David,

You are good.  Clerical error.  I was more concerned with making certain the spreadsheet was visible than data entry.

Steve Wilson

« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2018, 08:12:08 PM »
Jon,

I was going to continue to promote the Brahan.  I think you can count on me and Garland at least.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2018, 04:08:03 AM »
Thanks Steve. You should also count me in  :)

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2018, 06:05:23 PM »
Jon - Unfortunately several of us had already made plans to play at Pitlochery on the Friday before Buda. We were hoping there might be a post-Buda event at your club. Maybe we can work out something once we are all there. Thanks for your efforts!!!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back