News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

BUDA 2017 STUFF
« on: August 15, 2017, 04:31:23 PM »
Well, what is going on here?

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Mark Pearce

Re: BUDA 2017 STUFF
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 04:34:18 PM »
Someone preparing to play their second to the 5th?  My guess would be someone playing foursomes with Ben, but perhaps that's unfair?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Craig Disher

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 05:31:08 PM »
Mark - Right on both counts. I believe that's David McIntosh banging the second into the left slope of the green and managing to salvage a half.

Ben Stephens

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 03:11:11 AM »
I actually pulled my tee shot on hole 5 which landed on the ladies tee on hole 9 which was pin high and quipped it has to be one of the hardest short par 3's from the ladies 9th tee to 5th green.

Need to take my long game apart and rebuild it as it was an absolute shambles apart from very few cracking drives.  ;D

Really enjoyed BUDA this year and great to see old and new faces

Bring on 2018!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 03:27:21 AM »
Ben,

I enjoyed playing with you on Saturday but have to say I was happy it was 4bbb!  All you need to do is sort out your rhythm.  When you swung easily you hit the ball straight and absolute miles.  When trying to hit the skin off it, it wasn't so good!
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

James Boon

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 07:53:24 AM »
Ben,

I enjoyed playing with you on Saturday but have to say I was happy it was 4bbb!  All you need to do is sort out your rhythm.  When you swung easily you hit the ball straight and absolute miles.  When trying to hit the skin off it, it wasn't so good!

I've been telling him that for years...  ;D

Cheers, James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Garland Bayley

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 12:32:45 PM »
Ben,

Surprised to hear you weren't hitting it straight. After playing you at St. Enodoc, I can't imagine that happening.

;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

David McIntosh

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 11:09:17 AM »
I can indeed confirm it's a pretty tough approach to the 5th green from that spot...had a great lie though!

Seldom can two such poor shots in succession not result in the loss of the hole but somehow we managed to sneak out of there with a half.

Ben,

You seemed to get a lot of confidence from bombing your drive down the fairway on the 15th, after that you played very solidly and didn't put a foot wrong. We just got off to a bad start unfortunately and left ourselves too much to do to get the match back to even.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 05:22:17 PM »

Really enjoyed BUDA this year and great to see old and new faces

Bring on 2018!

+1
Let's make GCA grate again!

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 05:57:31 PM »
Can you lot please stop dancing around the who's, what's, where's, when's and why's and start posting some ASSPICS!
Oh, and who the hell won?
 ;D
Love,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Sean_A

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 06:02:04 PM »
What about this chap?

Ciao

Thomas Dai

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 03:46:21 AM »
What about this chap?

Ciao

What's with the 'stick' at the back of the bunker or is it just a rake handle?
atb

mike_malone

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 07:01:16 AM »
 We discussed ways to assure 12 golfers from the U.K. for each match. This is key to me because the competition is essential to Buda. I leave it in the capable hands of the U.K. custodians to sort this out.
AKA Mayday

Niall C

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 09:56:05 AM »
Can you lot please stop dancing around the who's, what's, where's, when's and why's and start posting some ASSPICS!
Oh, and who the hell won?
 ;D
Love,
F.

FBD

It's the taking part that counts. That's all you need to know.  ;)

Cheers

Niall

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 04:23:08 AM »
What's with the 'stick' at the back of the bunker or is it just a rake handle?
atb

Dai,

It's a piece of PVC pipe that is used to hold the rake... the rake handle is inserted in the top.

Whit
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Sam Andrews

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 04:46:48 AM »
Re: the 'stick'

Whit, that's a common mistake, it is in fact a speaking tube connected to the clubhouse, which senior members like Matt Dawson use to order a pre-lunch Campari and Creme de Menthe
He's the hairy handed gent, who ran amok in Kent.

Sean_A

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 05:22:08 AM »

Whit, that's a common mistake, it is in fact a speaking tube connected to the clubhouse, which senior members like Matt Dawson use to order a pre-lunch Campari and Creme de Menthe

No Green Chartreuse?

Ciao

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 07:06:07 AM »

Hmm... I wondered how a few "connected" players had their refreshments waiting for them!!!  ;D
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Matt Dawson

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 07:18:52 AM »

No Green Chartreuse?

Ciao

With parasol, of course

Funnily enough a few years ago, 4 of us did have a thorough going-over of the top shelf bar drinks, purely out of boredom on an afternoon too wet for golf, after a considerable lunch.

Ian (the lovely recently departed Rye steward) was delighted to dispose of some of the execrable green liquids that he reckoned had probably been gathering dust there for 20-odd years. In fact he brought out some stuff he was keen to get shut of. It may well have been Chartreuse. Or possibly brake fluid, I cannot recall

Sean_A

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2017, 07:52:11 AM »

No Green Chartreuse?

Ciao

With parasol, of course

Funnily enough a few years ago, 4 of us did have a thorough going-over of the top shelf bar drinks, purely out of boredom on an afternoon too wet for golf, after a considerable lunch.

Ian (the lovely recently departed Rye steward) was delighted to dispose of some of the execrable green liquids that he reckoned had probably been gathering dust there for 20-odd years. In fact he brought out some stuff he was keen to get shut of. It may well have been Chartreuse. Or possibly brake fluid, I cannot recall

Green doesn't taste as good as brake fluid.  Green has one function...get folks legless.

Ciao

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back