News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Pallotta

Re: Epic Golf
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2022, 01:50:51 PM »
This reminds me of FOMO, ie the fear of missing out -- a gnawing and grating envy at the thought that others are having a lot more fun and living much better lives than you. Apparently, this wound to self esteem is often made worse by social media sites like Instagram, Facebook and golfclubatlas.com.

Jerry Rossi

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2022, 10:59:07 AM »
While I'm not a fan of Thousand Greens it is free (as someone mentioned earlier) and provides access to those willing to host others in return.  My issue with Thousand Greens is the tier system they use that no-longer "rewards" under-rated clubs.
Captains Club is another one that's free and doesn't have the tier system. 

More power to the Nigerian prince running Epic Golf if they can get people so sign up  :o
Instagram: @putt4dough24

Craig Sweet

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2022, 04:48:49 PM »
This idea has worked big time for the ski industry. But then, the ski industry has consolidated into a handful of corporate ownership making a single pass more appealing.
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Tim Martin

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2022, 05:39:03 PM »
This idea has worked big time for the ski industry. But then, the ski industry has consolidated into a handful of corporate ownership making a single pass more appealing.

Craig-No one is prohibited from buying a daily lift ticket at most ski resorts not withstanding Covid restrictions. There may be a few strictly private models but nowhere near the amount of private golf courses/clubs. Epic Golf Club cannot guarantee access to most privates and despite the grand sales pitch has admitted as much just as the Ikon Ski Pass can’t get you access to every mountain so they are the same in that regard. The difference is that while I can buy a daily lift ticket at Jackson Hole or most anywhere else I can’t just purchase and arrange a greens fee and tee time at Baltusrol. Finally with the ski pass the terms are spelled out exactly whereas what you are entitled to at Epic Golf Club seems way more nebulous.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 06:01:35 PM by Tim Martin »

Ken Moum

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2022, 06:12:15 PM »
How can you take someone serious who uses the term "well-healed golfer" on their sales pitch site?
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Craig Sweet

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2022, 08:00:15 PM »
I can certainly see the day (and it might already be here) when a single membership gains you access to all Kaiser owned courses....And, consolidation is the next big thing..IMHO
LOCK HIM UP!!!

jeffwarne

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2022, 10:49:32 PM »
How can you take someone serious who uses the term "well-healed golfer" on their sales pitch site?

Perhaps they cater to(now) healthy people ;)...
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

B.Ross

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2022, 09:47:58 AM »
if anyone's actually interested in epic and its level of sleaze, DM me. TLDR- there's 0 benefit to paying to join epic when you have 1000 greens for free.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back