News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Davis

Cape Wickham sold!
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:39:50 AM »
Anyone have details of this yet like who bought it? I guess they have big plans. Only saw a post on their FB site. New management takes over on the 15th of August.

Would be interested to hear the details.

Thanks
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Michael Whitaker

Re: Cape Wickham sold!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:49:43 AM »
FYI... it's Highlands Links
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

David Davis

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 01:37:40 PM »

Michael thanks what's that mean? The only Highland Links I know is in Nova Scotia, visiting for the first time in August ;-) Are you saying they bought it or is that some kind of developer or investment firm?

Greg Gilson

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 03:11:32 PM »

David, I suspect Michael is talking about your mis-spelling of Highlands Links in your "Next Up" signature.

I will provide some detail on the CW sale shortly...just need to recheck my facts.

David Davis

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 07:11:28 AM »

Thanks for the correction! Now I see the typo but had no idea what you were talking about and what that had to do with Cape Wickham.

Now how about that Cape Wickham insider information I know you're hiding.... ;D

RJ_Daley

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 11:39:17 AM »
I'll also be interested in what the big picture is becoming down under.   One would suspect some sort of consolidation of management in order to gain some efficiencies.  Given the challenge of the remote King Island courses and now this proposition at Kangaroo Island,  along with the approvals and apparent backing of S.A. and national development authorities, it seems something more global must be the long range plan to make this all come together.   I wonder if the Hobart course development efforts of 7 mile beach and Arm End have some relationship to joining forces for regional golf destination development as an economic boost of golf tourism sort of concept? 

It is a marvel that golf has had this historical tradition of intrepid golf fanatics making long journeys to the ends of the earth to seek out these enclaves of golf nirvana.  Looking back by comparison to the elite avid golfers of the turn of the last century where they literally traveled for weeks by steamer ships, mostly to the outposts of the British Empire where golf was carried, and now while we modern folk marvel at the long journeys being made, yet we have the comfort of aviation to really make it a cake walk by golden era conditions.  Intrepid golfers gonna golf, no matter the journey parameters it seems! ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back