News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael George

Re: New Member Clear Creek Tahoe New
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2017, 05:04:51 PM »
I had the pleasure of playing Clear Creek last week.  It is certainly in the conversation of Coore & Crenshaw's best courses for many reasons.

The mountain setting is intoxicating.  There is something very special about playing between the pines, with the mountains in the distance and with the wonderful grass conditions.  The course has overcome its financial problems and is in the process of building new facilities and selling homesites.  I am hopeful that the homesites will be well done and not disturb the wonderful walk in the park that Clear Creek represents.

Each hole is unique and different from the others.  It is incredibly hard to design a golf course where each hole is different from the others, but Clear Creek has done that.  Now 1 week from playing it, I not only remember each hole but remember the characteristics of each hole that made it great....like the large hump in the back right of #7 green, the bank areas around the 2nd, 8th, 9th and 18th greens, the wrap around bunker on 14, etc...

It is a mountain golf course that is easily walkable and does not have one long slog up a hill or one long walk up a hill from green to tee.  It is possibly the best routing that I have played by Coore & Crenshaw.  There are obviously uphill holes, but they are so well done that they don't feel like your typical boring hole.

Lastly, it is typical Coore & Crenshaw with interest on every hole.  Most of these features are well described in Ran's write up.  See Ran's write up for a great description of the interest level of each hole.

If you have not played it, I would strongly recommend that you do so.  It is that good and that underrated.  In terms of Coore and Crenshaw courses that I have played, it is right there with Sand Hills and Bandon Trails as my favorites (I will not split hairs in this post as it would be drivel anyway).  I enjoyed it more than Streamsong Red, Dormie Club and Chechessee Creek.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:09:48 PM by Michael George »
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back