News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Smith

Re: Thaw Out 2017
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2017, 09:16:53 PM »
This is the PGA of GCA events:  Not the most prestigious, but clearly the strongest field. 

Here's to Jamie.   

Mike

We've a spot for you, Boger!! $350 covers all expenses. Let me know,  epicholiday@gmail.com.

Eric

Bill_McBride

« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2017, 09:41:54 PM »
This is the PGA of GCA events:  Not the most prestigious, but clearly the strongest field. 

Here's to Jamie.   

Mike

So what is the most prestigious?

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2017, 10:37:27 AM »
A great Thaw Out 2017. A few pics.
Mike C. on #14 at Harbour Town after the forecaddie told him basically no one ever hits it in the pot bunker beyond the green..........

The iconic 17th at HT.

16 greensite at Old Tabby.

What a spectacular par 3.
17 at Old Tabby perched on the bluff overlooking the marsh.

A special thanks to Brandon Johnson. Senior architect at Arnold Palmer golf design, who was in charge of the work at Old Tabby. Few things are better to a golf nut like me than playing a course with the architect and talking about what he created. 

Eric Smith

« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2017, 04:06:36 PM »
It was great seeing everyone on Hilton Head again. The weather was ideal and the courses were all in great shape. The round at Harbour Town stands out in my mind as the new grasses throughout and a number of fewer trees (mostly due to the recent hurricane) allow the course to shine as bright as ever. The new clubhouse is a dramatic improvement as well. Just beautiful.

At dinner Friday we toasted Jamey Bryan and I believe our friend was there with us in spirit. Great night.

By all accounts Old Tabby Links was terrific as well and having Brandon join the group was a treat for those who got to spend time with him. Wish I had stayed.

As for next year, I believe Ran has a Pinehurst GCA event in the works for January / February 2018 so I don't look to organize another "Thaw Out", specifically, but will certainly keep the Pinehurst event in mind.

Thanks for coming!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back