News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Courses that close in the winter/off-season
« on: January 18, 2017, 04:55:53 PM »
To what extent are courses that close for the winter/off-season when opened-up again next year found to be different to when they closed a few months earlier? What kind of things may mother nature have changed during the closed period?
Atb

V_Halyard

Re: Courses that close in the winter/off-season
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 05:23:50 PM »
To what extent are courses that close for the winter/off-season when opened-up again next year found to be different to when they closed a few months earlier? What kind of things may mother nature have changed during the closed period?
Atb
She may have facilitated some tree removal... predicated by winter storm damage of course.
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

David Wuthrich

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 07:59:19 PM »

The bunkers at Sand Hills change from year to year depending on the weather and the wind that they get during the winter.
They pack them with hay at the end of the season, but those Nebraska winter winds can move a mountain!

Thomas Dai

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 04:01:40 AM »
The bunkers at Sand Hills change from year to year depending on the weather and the wind that they get during the winter.
They pack them with hay at the end of the season, but those Nebraska winter winds can move a mountain!

David,
Thank you. This was just the sort of insight I was looking for.
That must be a pretty big job and must use a lot of hay which then presumably has to be removed it as well.
Anyone have any other such insights?
Atb

Scott Warren

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 04:20:27 AM »
There's some great material on Sand Hills Super Kyle Hegland's Twitter handle about tucking the course in for winter.

www.twitter.com/kylehegland3

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back