News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Sweeney

Re: Agawam Hunt (RI) files for bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 07:57:06 PM »
Wow.

I always wanted to play there as I had a cousin who was a member back in the day before they moved. In an improving economy, this is really shocking as Agawam Hunt is in the heart of Tier 1 RI real estate in Rumford, I think?

I am guessing they will get through it as they seem to have smaller creditors, but 1000's of private golf course in America are officially on notice, and yes those Golf Digest rankings matter....

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/rhode-island-best-in-state-rankings

2007-08 - http://www.golfdigest.com/story/rhodeisland
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:26:20 PM by Mike Sweeney »
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Cliff Hamm

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 08:17:04 PM »
 I knew they were in trouble when this summer I saw them a few times on GolfNow for $75.

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 01:28:47 AM »
I wouldn't worry.

President Trump will probably buy it at a knockdown price using federal funds, and give the management gig to his sons.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:33:34 AM by Duncan Cheslett »

Tim Martin

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 07:12:38 AM »
Agawam Hunt of late has been the also ran of the privates in and around Providence. With Wannamoiset, Rhode Island CC and Metacomet all in close proximity the competition is tough and all with a Donald Ross pedigree. It seems that withstanding a serious restorative effort the course/club will continue to languish. Chainsaws are required ASAP.

Cliff Hamm

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back