News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jonathan Mallard

Fling Golf (Lacrosse Hybrid)
« on: September 27, 2016, 12:15:13 PM »
First time I can recall seeing this concept. I didn't see it in the first page of search results.

Initial thoughts are that it maintains the architectural intent of the course, and does increase rounds at a course.

I do see issues with how to intersperse 90 minute rounds with the regular 3.5 hour rounds.

http://richmondbizsense.com/2016/09/27/golf-lacrosse-hybrid-swings-into-richmond/

jeffwarne

Re: Fling Golf (Lacrosse Hybrid)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 08:16:30 PM »
why do fling golf rounds only take 90 minutes?
and is that another useless single player time? (I did notice the fee was "with cart"
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 08:24:59 PM »
Lax/Golf Hybrid - Not terrible. It feels like it belongs at a boarding school/college, preferably in the VA/Maryland/Penn/NY area.

Could be a fun way to watch the ball roll on some wild ground contours. Lots of low trajectory shots to get it bouncing. Having to buy those stupid clubs isn't going to work well. Figuring out how to retrofit/restring your lax stick is the only way to go out it sensibly though

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 05:42:00 PM »
Any experience with this?
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back