News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Stephens

Re: Buda Cup - 2017 - Pre and Post Golf
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2017, 04:47:49 AM »
Like Sean, I played Reigate recently, so shall be happy to forfeit my space to anyone (especially one from over the pond) who has not yet been there.

Maybe both Sean and Robin can be caddies  ;D  to guide us through the course

Sean_A

« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2017, 04:38:36 AM »
Like Sean, I played Reigate recently, so shall be happy to forfeit my space to anyone (especially one from over the pond) who has not yet been there.

Maybe both Sean and Robin can be caddies  ;D  to guide us through the course

Yes, but if I am not there, please start without me.

Ciao
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:14:22 PM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2017, 09:05:18 AM »
James,

My train arrives at Euston at 8am, and if everything goes perfectly I can get to Reigate at 9.28 plus 5 minutes in a taxi to the course.

More probably I shall be on the next train arriving at 9.46

Any chance of a 10am tee time?

Tom Kelly

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2017, 04:51:44 AM »
If there is space, I'd be interested in joining at Crowborough Beacon and possibly at Reigate too if there are any drop outs, though i'm only a maybe at the moment unfortunately so if others are definite then put them ahead of me in the reserve list!

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2017, 05:34:29 AM »
I shall definitely not play Reigate Heath in the morning, so Tom is welcome to my spot if he can make it. I shall saunter down to Crowborough and see you all there.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Notts; JCB, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom, Casa Serena (CZ),

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2017, 01:29:41 PM »
Just bumping this to double check on a game for Wednesday, 9 August. I've got Tandridge penciled on my schedule, but not sure where that stands.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Mark Pearce

« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2017, 02:34:39 PM »
Tandridge isn't happening, I'm afraid, Mike.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2017, 03:24:28 PM »
Well then... are there any games organized on the Wed or are Sir Sterling and I on our own?  ;D
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Sam Krume

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2017, 05:58:46 PM »
Well then... are there any games organized on the Wed or are Sir Sterling and I on our own?  ;D

Hi Michael. I'm not actually paying in Buda Cup but it would be good to meet up again and have a game again. How do you fancy a game at Knole Park. I'm sure you've seen the images from Robin on  UK knockout page.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2017, 04:26:51 PM »

Hi Michael. I'm not actually paying in Buda Cup but it would be good to meet up again and have a game again. How do you fancy a game at Knole Park. I'm sure you've seen the images from Robin on  UK knockout page.
Sam - check your messages.  Mike

Sean_A

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2017, 04:10:20 AM »
See below.

Ciao
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:11:41 AM by Sean_A »

mike_malone

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2017, 10:57:18 PM »
Jack Weiner and Mayday are in for all group things.
AKA Mayday

Craig Disher

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2017, 08:07:55 AM »
I am not sure where this info should be, but this seems a good thread for it.

Based on Craig's recommendation I took the liberty of booking the Standard Inn at 8:45 on Friday, 11 August.  Its a bit late but several of us are coming over from an afternoon game at Crowborough Beacon.  The reservation is for 12, but I think we can squeeze in more if need be.  All those interested please confirm on this thread. So far we have

Boonie
Ben
Pearce
Conrad
Giles
Whitty
Sterling
Spangles
The Yank
Doc Hiseman
Mayday
Jack

We should also think about dinner Sunday night somewhere in Rye.  Any ideas?

Ciao

I'll take care of this. I plan to make reservations for all of us at a pub near Rye Sunday evening. There was an earlier post about proposing me as the capt of the US side - I'd rather not. There's too much going on organizing this with the clubs. Any volunteers?

Howard Riefs

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2017, 12:51:28 PM »
Here's an option for those looking for some post-Buda golf: Scotland

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,64827.0.html

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Sean_A

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2017, 09:12:33 AM »
See below.

Ciao
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:12:05 AM by Sean_A »

James Boon

« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2017, 01:45:06 PM »
Time for a recap on plans for Friday 11 August...

Reigate Heath
http://www.reigateheathgc.com/
Tee times from 9 to 9.30am

MEET AT REIGATE HEATH AT 8.30am!

We have space for 10 players booked as follows:

1. James Boon
 2. SPARE PLACE. PLAYER NEEDED TO MAKE UP PAIRS!
 3. Ben Stephens
 4. Duncan Cheslett
 5. Mike Whitaker
 6. Jack Weiner
 7. Mike Malone
 8. Mark Pearce
 9. Conrad Gamble
 10. Giles Payne

We will be playing as 2 balls as that is the requirement for a Friday morning from the club. They seemed very happy to welcome visitors from across the pond and golf architect types and so further good news is that they have given us courtesy of the course as long as we promise to give them feedback regarding the club and the course. However this is restricted to 10 players so I'm keeping this booking to that figure, so once its full up its full.

Last tee off 9.30, allow 1.5 hours for 2 ball of 9 holes, means finished by 11am. Reigate Heath to Crowborough Beacon is approximately an hours drive, so that gives us plenty of time to get to Crowborough for the first tee time there of 13.28.

I'd usually suggest travelling to Crowborough before eating, but as Reigate are giving us courtesy, some guys may feel better grabbing a bit to eat there, even if its more brunch than lunch? Thoughts?

Crowborough Beacon
http://www.cbgc.co.uk/
Tee times 1.28 to 1.52pm

We have  4 tee times and the following confirmed:

1. James Boon
 2. Robin Hiseman
 3. Ben Stephens
 4. Duncan Cheslett
 5. Sterling Forsyth
 6. Craig Disher
 7. Mike Whitaker
 8. Jack Weiner
 9. Mike Malone
 10. Sean Arble
 11. Andy Levett
 12. Bill Gayne
13. Mark Pearce

14. Conrad Gamble
15. Giles Payne

I'm suggesting we play in 3 balls to keep things moving, which will hopefully mean the last group finish before 6. Its then an hours drive to Rye, and while it may be a Friday evening I'm hoping that the summer holidays mean traffic isnt to bad. This should all give us plenty of time to get to Rye, check in, freshen up and then get to the evening meal, BUT THERE IS NO ROOM FOR DAWDLING!!!

Evening Meal: The Standard Inn
https://www.thestandardinnrye.co.uk/
Table booked for 8.45

After 27 holes and plenty of driving I'm going to be starving so hope we all make the Standard Inn in good time and I'm eating by 8.45 if not before! Sean has the following booked in (his nicknames not mine):

Boony
 Ben

Pearce
 Conrad
 Giles
 Whitty
 Sterling
 Spangles
 The Yank
 Doc Hiseman
 Mayday
 Jack

Summary:

We've a spare space at Reigate Heath. As we'll be playing pairs, ideally we need another player to make this work.

Have I missed anyone? Any changes in plans? Comments?

Cheers,

James

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:25:30 PM by James Boon »
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2017, 03:09:28 PM »
Correct. I won't be at Reigate, so if someone wants a free 9 please come forward.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Notts; JCB, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom, Casa Serena (CZ),

Mark Pearce

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2017, 03:26:46 PM »
James,

Yes, I thought in the e-mail exchange that Conrad, Giles and I had said we would like to join you at Crowborough, if that's possible.

Thanks.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

James Boon

« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2017, 04:20:39 PM »
Thanks Robin and thanks Mark,

I recall an e-mail exchange, but then I also recall making sure the list was up to date. Nevermind! I'll update accordingly!

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Sean_A

« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2017, 04:43:11 AM »
See below.

Ciao
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:12:32 AM by Sean_A »

Niall C

« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2017, 06:31:28 AM »
Sean

If possible could you add David McIntosh and myself to the list for the Standard Inn for the Friday night.

Thanks

Niall

Sean_A

« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2017, 06:44:53 PM »
Based on Craig's recommendation I took the liberty of booking the Standard Inn at 8:45 on Friday, 11 August.  Its a bit late but several of us are coming over from an afternoon game at Crowborough Beacon. 

See below.

Ciao
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:13:08 AM by Sean_A »

Sean_A

« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2017, 10:08:57 AM »
Based on Craig's recommendation I took the liberty of booking the Standard Inn at 8:45 on Friday, 11 August.  Its a bit late but several of us are coming over from an afternoon game at Crowborough Beacon.  The reservation is for 16 and that is all the restaurant can take.  Below are the 16 confirmed diners.

Boonie
Ben
Pearce
Conrad
Giles
Whitty
Sterling
Spangles
The Yank
Doc Hiseman
Mayday
Jack
Andy Levett
D McIntosh
Niall C
J Byron

Ciao

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2017, 04:10:45 AM »
James - logistics are working against me and I will not be able to make Reigate on Friday morning. Sorry for the late notice. I WILL be at Crowbourgh as scheduled.

Mike

Sean_A

« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2017, 04:57:28 AM »
James - logistics are working against me and I will not be able to make Reigate on Friday morning. Sorry for the late notice. I WILL be at Crowbourgh as scheduled.

Mike

Whitty

Doc and I plan to meet at Crowborough for 12:15ish...join us.

Ciao

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back