News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robin_Hiseman

Re: Buda Cup - 2017 - Pre and Post Golf
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2017, 04:18:24 AM »
James,

I'd be keen to play Crowborough on the Friday afternoon. Also 9 holes at Reigate in the morning sounds good.

I'll be in the market for a lift to Rye afterwards if anyone can oblige!

:)

Happy to give you a lift to Rye Duncan.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Notts; JCB, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom, Casa Serena (CZ),

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2017, 05:24:30 AM »

Happy to give you a lift to Rye Duncan.

You're a gentleman and a scholar, Robin.

mike_malone

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2017, 08:04:21 AM »
Mike
Jack Weiner and I are hoping for Tuesday at Deal.  I said Rye, dah.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:11:59 PM by mike_malone »
AKA Mayday

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2017, 12:22:19 PM »
Craig Disher, Sterling Forsythe and I are planning to play Piltdown on Thursday Aug 10 prior to the Buda. We are hoping to put together a match with members. Anyone interested?

Once again... Who wants to visit Deal before or after the Buda? What dates? I will gladly host up to three... and, we can look into renting a flat or booking the dormy if you are interested.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

mike_malone

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2017, 10:18:57 PM »
My buddy Jack and I would prefer the Piltdown idea because someone else is handling it and it would be a contest against members.
AKA Mayday

mike_malone

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2017, 10:00:15 AM »
I think the gca emails may be old   I have sent some with no replies.

Jack and I would like to be part of the Piltdown group on Thursday, Crowborough Beacon and Reigate Heath on Friday.

Thanks to all we are set now.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 04:44:18 PM by mike_malone »
AKA Mayday

Sean_A

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2017, 05:32:51 AM »
I am now intending to play Crowborough Beacon on 11 August with Boonie and Doc etc.  Consequently, I will be staying at the River Haven in Rye 11 thru 13 Aug (leaving the 14th).  Its probably best if I am removed from the Monday 14 Aug Littlestone game as it is doubtful I will play 4 days on the trot.  Its best to give the spot to a for sure guy.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

James Boon

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2017, 06:05:26 PM »
I've increased Crowborough Beacon to 4 tee times to cover those already interested and a couple more who may come forward, though I suspect there is still room to increase this if need be. We've currently got 13.28 to 13.52 booked and the following confirmed:

1. James Boon
2. Robin Hiseman
3. Ben Stephens
4. Duncan Cheslett
5. Sterling Forsyth
6. Craig Disher
7. Mike Whitaker
8. Jack Weiner
9. Mike Malone
10. Sean Arble
11. Andy Levett
12. Bill Gayne

No joy so far with Reigate Heath as they dont take visitors on Friday mornings, but I'm working on them... If not, I'll probably drive down that morning rather than the night before?

Lastly, RAF have confirmed that they dont have visitors on Tuesday mornings, only members and guests. So if anyone knows anyone...  ::)

Cheers,

James
Save
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:45:52 AM by James Boon »
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

mike_malone

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2017, 06:29:11 PM »
Tell Reigate that Mayday is coming. That ought to do it.
AKA Mayday

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2017, 12:59:06 PM »
Anyone interested in the dormy flat at Deal for the TUESDAY night following Buda? Sterling and I have booked two of the six beds for Tuesday, but four remain available. Cost is £30 per person, per night.

If you are interested let me know and I will reserved the space for you.

Whit
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

James Boon

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2017, 02:35:17 PM »
An update regarding Reigate Heath on Friday morning. They are 2 ball play only but have room for a few visitors. I've said I'll call the pro on Monday to discuss in more detail, but can anyone interested in Reigate Heath let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

James

Reigate Heath photo tour:
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,64197.0.html

2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2017, 07:21:13 PM »
I'm interested in Reigate, James. Thanks!

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2017, 04:17:20 AM »
James,

I can get to Reigate by train from Euston for around 10am. I'd love to fit in 9 holes there before Crowborough if this is a possibility.

Sean_A

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2017, 04:23:21 AM »
Boonie...I'm interested in Reigate.

Ciao

Mark Pearce

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2017, 04:15:40 PM »
Tandridge can accommodate us on the Wednesday at the members' guest rate of £29, with ham, egg and chips available at £10.  Can anyone interested in this let me know ASAP as I need to get back with numbers.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2017, 11:43:15 PM »
Tandridge can accommodate us on the Wednesday at the members' guest rate of £29, with ham, egg and chips available at £10.  Can anyone interested in this let me know ASAP as I need to get back with numbers.
Im interested, Mark. What start time?

Bill_McBride

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »
Craig Disher, Sterling Forsythe and I are planning to play Piltdown on Thursday Aug 10 prior to the Buda. We are hoping to put together a match with members. Anyone interested?

Once again... Who wants to visit Deal before or after the Buda? What dates? I will gladly host up to three... and, we can look into renting a flat or booking the dormy if you are interested.

Such a great time staying in the dormie at Deal and playing a few rounds on that wonderful links.

Jon Byron

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2017, 06:29:03 PM »
Mark - I would join you at Tandridge that Wednesday ok. Thanks
Haven't played since yesterday, not playing until tomorrow, hardly playing at all!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2017, 06:08:58 PM »
Thanks, Mike and Jon.  I'll contact the club to confirm our attendance and book times.

Anyone else for Tandridge on the Wednesday?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

James Boon

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2017, 07:20:32 AM »
Update regarding Reigate and its excellent news.

We have space for 10 players booked in between 9 and 9.30 in the morning of Friday 11 August. We currently have all 10 spaces filled:

1. James Boon
2. Robin Hiseman
3. Ben Stephens
4. Duncan Cheslett
5. Mike Whitaker
6. Jack Weiner
7. Mike Malone
8. Mark Pearce
9. Conrad Gamble
10. Giles Payne

If anyone can't make it please let me know. Likewise if anyone is interested let me know and I'll put up a reserve list.

We will be playing as 2 balls as that is the requirement for a Friday morning from the club. They seemed very happy to welcome visitors from across the pond and golf architect types and so further good news is that they have given us courtesy of the course as long as we promise to give them feedback regarding the club and the course. However this is restricted to 10 players so I'm keeping this booking to that figure, so once its full up its full.

Last tee off 9.30, allow 1.5 hours for 2 ball of 9 holes, means finished by 11am. Reigate Heath to Crowborough Beacon is approximately an hours drive, so that gives us plenty of time to get to Crowborough for the first tee time there of 13.28.

Anyone else interested in Reigate please let me know, first come first served...

Cheers,

James
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 10:17:41 AM by James Boon »

Mark Pearce

« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2017, 09:30:44 AM »
James,

Giles, Conrad and I would be keen to play at Reigate but I'm aware that 3 into 2 doesn't go.  If anyone drops out, let me know....

Mark

Sean_A

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2017, 10:02:48 AM »
Mark

I just played Reigate... take my spot.

Ciao

James Boon

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2017, 10:18:37 AM »
Thanks Sean,

Post #69 edited to show we are full up but anyone interested let me know and I'll make a reserve list.

Cheers,

James

Mark Pearce

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2017, 12:45:39 PM »
Mark

I just played Reigate... take my spot.

Ciao
That's very good of you, Sean, thanks. 

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2017, 04:38:44 PM »
Like Sean, I played Reigate recently, so shall be happy to forfeit my space to anyone (especially one from over the pond) who has not yet been there.
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Notts; JCB, Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom, Casa Serena (CZ),

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back