News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Hoak

Re: Difficult greens are to the key to building a great golf course
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 04:10:25 PM »
Interesting topic.  I might agree that all great courses have "interesting" greens, but not necessarily "difficult."  I think great greens are varied, but basically flat with gentle longer slopes.  I do not care for greens with "moguls" buried in the middle of the greens, slopes that repel will-hit puts, or similar things.  I draw a distinction between the slopes of MacKenzie and those of some of the modern designers, where the slopes are too pronounced, too obvious, too severe in too short an area.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 04:15:58 PM »
Interesting topic.  I might agree that all great courses have "interesting" greens, but not necessarily "difficult."  I think great greens are varied, but basically flat with gentle longer slopes.  I do not care for greens with "moguls" buried in the middle of the greens, slopes that repel will-hit puts, or similar things.  I draw a distinction between the slopes of MacKenzie and those of some of the modern designers, where the slopes are too pronounced, too obvious, too severe in too short an area.

Jim,

I can't think of a more severe green I've ever played than Pasa 16.  The slopes on that green are beyond pronounced and obvious.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 04:33:50 PM »
Just what I want....someone reading my bill collection papers 80 years from now, instead of reading about my courses! :o
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back