News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V_Halyard

Re: 2017 Dixie Cup - Streamsong - Sept 28-Oct 1
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2017, 10:52:27 PM »
We understand, Tyler. It's unfortunate that the Mashie folks once again picked the same dates as the Dixie Cup. We organized our event early this time around and posted it on GCA months earlier than usual specifically in an effort to avoid the conflict we had with the Mashie last year.

Oh well, best laid plans, huh? Sorry you can't make the Dixie Cup. I'm sure the Mashie will be fun, though... wish I could attend, too.  :'(

Mike -

I hope all is well! 

We do apologize for the overlap, but when a great private club offers to host the Mashie and already has a date carved out for us, there is little we can do.  Hopefully both events will be a success and in future years the Mashie will try to be a little better at not overlapping the Dixie Cup.  However with both events happening around the same time on the calendar, I doubt too many people will be hitting both events even if they're on different weekends.

C'est la vie...

PS - We're long overdue for a rematch up at TKC.

Apologies for the Mashie conflict with Dixie Cup and Yom Kippur. I take responsibility as I snatched an opportunity to grab an open weekend at a freshly Ron Prichard and Tyler Rae restored Ross course.  The architects also happened to be free that weekend and frankly, it was the only usable weekend that didn't conflict with a University of Iowa football game, which also dictated available hotels.  We will work with George, Dixie and the High Holiday calendar more closely next year.  Its a challenge to get them in before the leaves fall and the snow/sleet/Ice season.  - Vaughn
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Michael Whitaker

Re: UPDATE: 2017 Dixie Cup - Streamsong (including Black!) - Sept 28-Oct 1
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2017, 11:21:07 PM »
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:34:27 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Michael Whitaker

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:12:08 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Michael Whitaker

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:15:47 PM by Michael Whitaker »

John Cowden

Greetings Dixie Cuppers.  Coming from the Left Coast, I decided to arrive a day early, as if I need an excuse.  I'll be on site the evening of Wednesday, September 27.  I also have an 0800 single tee time on Red the next day, Thursday, September 28, for which any and all are welcome to join me.  Just let Streamsong know and I'll see you there.  Cheers.

Michael Whitaker

BUMP

Registration will remain OPEN
until we either reach 24 players or Streamsong pulls the plug due to lack of availability on our dates.

If you want to participate in this event, no worries... just let me know and we will get you hooked up!

See opening post for complete details.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:00:37 PM by Michael Whitaker »

Michael Whitaker

From Adam Lawrence... Huge Scale for Gil Hanse's New Course at Streamsong Resorthttp://www.golfcoursearchitecture.net/content/huge-scale-for-hanses-new-black-course-at-streamsong

Michael Whitaker

Glad to have Steve Lang and Ms. Sheila joining us for this year's Dixie Cup! Welcome on board!!! We still have four spots available for this great outing. See post #1 for details.

Links Magazine
has a new article by Graylyn Loomis on Streamsong Black:

http://mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=388526&ver=html5&p=32

Michael Whitaker

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:15:02 PM by Michael Whitaker »

Michael Whitaker

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:10:53 PM by Michael Whitaker »

Michael Whitaker

FINAL BUMP!!!

Final four spots remain for the 2017 Dixie Cup at Streamsong.

See opening post for complete details.

John Cowden

Spot on, Michael. 

Please let me know if you'd like to play Chanticleer with me the week following.   My wife and I'll be hanging at Mountain Park for a few nights before heading north to Waynesville and Knoxville areas.  Playing a bit of golf enroute---Balsam Mountain, Holston Hills, Laurel Valley, WindRiver, and whatever else falls our way.  Always welcome your company and local perspective.  Cheers.

Michael Whitaker

Thanks, John. Might be possible. I'm leaving on that Friday for London, so it would probably have to be Tuesday or Wednesday. We'll talk in Florida.

Have you been to Mountain Park?  You'll like it that time of year.

Michael Whitaker

Re: 2017 DIXIE CUP SIGN UP • Streamsong • Sept 28-Oct 1
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2017, 03:59:58 PM »
We are only four weeks away from the Dixie Cup!!!

Watch this space for details on captains, teams, pairings, etc.

If you have any special requests post them here.

Looking forward to a great event!!!

PS - You might notice we have space available for two more players. Just sayin'!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:12:09 PM by Michael Whitaker »

John Kavanaugh

Re: 2017 Dixie Cup - Streamsong (including Black!) - Sept 28-Oct 1
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2017, 04:08:43 PM »
I am in Mike

How many times have we heard this before?
How politely can I say this...Fuck You
You really cannot avoid being an arsehole can you...
Some of us on occasion get distracted by playing competitive golf that may crop up to clash with previous dates...this may be one of those as well but at this point in time...Mike I am in.... And J K read above

MWP,

I guess I owe you an apology. I should have just thrown you some rope. Not too late to sign up....again.

Steve Lang

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2017, 07:32:21 PM »
 8) Hey Michael,

Looking forward to the Dixie Cup, please keep Ms Sheila & I teamed together, I'd much rather play on her side vs against, & she's good for 6000 yd tees...

Steve
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2017, 09:17:28 AM »
Steve Lang - I think we will make you captain of the North team... then, you can arrange the pairings anyway that suits!  ;D  Now we just need to come up with a captain for the South.

To All - we need to divide the group into two teams, North & South. I think I know enough about the repeat players to assign a team, but I could use some input from the newbies. Should you be on the North or South team... or, does it really matter?

Unfortunately, Ed Oden had to cancel. He has sold his house and the closing/move is now scheduled for our dates. Bummer! We'll miss you, Ed.

That leaves us with 21 players. Streamsong says we can bring up to 24 and they are still holding the three open spots if anyone wants to jump in.

Steve Lang

« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »
Mike,

Lets see, ... I was born and lived south of the Mason-Dixon Line, but lived north of it for about 36 years, then moved deep into TX below the 30th Parallel for the last 26, but establish summercamp in Mich every year, yeh too much info... if it helps your organizing, happy to Captain the north... send me your first cut for teams..

Regards,
S
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2017, 03:44:32 PM »
Mike,

Lets see, ... I was born and lived south of the Mason-Dixon Line, but lived north of it for about 36 years, then moved deep into TX below the 30th Parallel for the last 26, but establish summercamp in Mich every year, yeh too much info... if it helps your organizing, happy to Captain the north... send me your first cut for teams..

Regards,
S
Maybe we will have you captain the South!

Steve Lang

« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2017, 08:05:52 PM »
Mike,

However I can help, let me know!

s
The voice of Inverness"

Mike_Trenham

« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2017, 08:49:51 PM »
I am a Yankee (Philadelphia) but I attended college (University of South Carolina) and graduate school (Univeristy of Virginia) in the south. I prefer poa annua over bermuda.
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Steve Lang

« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2017, 11:31:07 PM »
Bermuda rules... the south; hear the ball rolling into and across the grain?
The voice of Inverness"

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2017, 10:34:14 AM »
I am a Yankee (Philadelphia) but I attended college (University of South Carolina) and graduate school (Univeristy of Virginia) in the south. I prefer poa annua over bermuda.
Oh, you sir are definitely a Yankee!

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2017, 12:33:06 PM »
Any thoughts on Irma's path affecting? Too late for me to enter, so I scheduled a root canal for Friday.

Carl Rogers

« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2017, 03:21:37 PM »
On the web site, Cancellation Policy is 48 hours.  Reasonable. 
Only IRMA tearing the place up would stop me.
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back