News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Davis

Re: Oitavos and Valdarrama
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2016, 01:25:59 PM »
I will add one thing to Ally's comment.

I think Finca Cortesin is the perhaps the best hotel in Europe and it's not directly in Marbella. I agree on the crass nature of Marbella itself as he says. Not my crowd hanging around there but Finca Cortesin is probably the nicest hotel (resort) we have ever been to and it's an ideal location to see the local golf from.

In the Lisbon area you can actually stay in the city which is a special experience as well or you could stay at Penha Longa which is nice. The course is often very soft in my limited experience stayed a week at a conference once and had previously visited another time.

In The Netherlands you can stay in Amsterdam, and let's face it, that's very unique for any American whereas Marbella might feel similar to something like San Diego or parts of Miami if I'm stretching a bit.

Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Steve_Roths

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2016, 08:07:44 AM »
Okay, my game plan is to play Royal Hague and De Pan.

If someone is able to help, how do I get from R. Hague to De Pan?  Is my best bet to rent a car at the airport and drive to Hague, spend the night and then drive to De Pan?

Originally I was going to take a taxi/Uber from the airport to R. Hague, so...

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2016, 08:48:01 AM »
Best to rent. It's about fifty miles between the two, and though the Dutch train system is excellent, the last bit to or from either club is going to be a bit awkward. And cabs will surely be far more expensive than a rental
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

David Davis

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2016, 03:23:17 PM »
Okay, my game plan is to play Royal Hague and De Pan.

If someone is able to help, how do I get from R. Hague to De Pan?  Is my best bet to rent a car at the airport and drive to Hague, spend the night and then drive to De Pan?

Originally I was going to take a taxi/Uber from the airport to R. Hague, so...

Steve,

Adam is right, best to rent. Depending on how tight your schedule is might be better to play De Pan first, then drive to Noordwijk aan Zee (for example) and stay the night. Royal Hague is closer to the airport than De Pan. If you have plenty of time it doesn't matter. You can also stay in Amsterdam or at an airport hotel etc etc.

You can always let me know if you have questions. I live here.

Steve_Roths

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2016, 09:51:24 AM »
Awesome.  Thanks!  I will probably reach out to you a bit later in December.

I noticed Royal Hague is undergoing some renovations.  Is that continued enhancements or should I steer clear for a bit.  The plan was to play in May or June of 2017.

Thx.

David Davis

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 11:03:05 AM »

Believe these are ongoing.

Some bunker renovations mainly but when you are there I guess the course will be in great shape as always.

Awesome.  Thanks!  I will probably reach out to you a bit later in December.

I noticed Royal Hague is undergoing some renovations.  Is that continued enhancements or should I steer clear for a bit.  The plan was to play in May or June of 2017.

Thx.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back