News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete_Pittock

corvallis golf news
« on: November 27, 2016, 09:14:52 PM »
Marysville GC, a 9 hole Fred Federspiel course, will permanently close mid-December. Played a lot there in college.

Trysting Tree, the Bill Robinson designed university course, is being re-worked by Dan Hixson. Property was acquired on the north end of the course next to the Willamette River. Two new holes there have already been built and seeded. The current 15/16 holes will be re-numbered and moved to the front nine. They could have become 2/3 or 7/8.
      The front 9 will see the current fourth hole eliminated, and the par 5 fifth shortened to a par 3. Six and seven will disappear, replaced with a par 5 dogleg left, and a new par 3 to the current 8th green. The green complex of the new par 5 is in grow-in.
       A map of the work is at http://trystingtree.com/course-expansion-project/

Sean Ogle

Re: corvallis golf news
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 11:13:28 PM »
Wow, sad to hear about Marysville. Not that there its much of a course, but one of the few options in Corvallis.

Trysting is where I became obsessed with golf in college. So the sentimental/nostalgic part of me is sad to see the changes, but the golf nerd in me is excited to go down and play it after the updates.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back