News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

astavrides

GOLF Magazine public golf course rankings-release date?
« on: January 27, 2019, 10:45:06 AM »
Seems that GOLF magazine has not released a top 100 public courses ranking in the US since summer of 2016. At that time, they also released a list of best public courses by state.

Does anyone know when they will release updates on these lists? I wouldn't think they would have stopped doing it--especially the top 100 public course list.

Tom_Doak

Re: GOLF Magazine public golf course rankings-release date?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 11:31:49 AM »
I don't know if they've sorted out how they are doing their rankings, now that Joe Passov has moved on.

astavrides

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 07:16:57 AM »
Thanks, Tom.

Gary Sato

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 09:44:48 AM »
I thought Joe stayed on long enough to complete a few projects including tabulating the ballots for the top 100? I believe you'll see the results in the next few issues.

Regarding Golf Magazine,  did anyone read the latest issue with Dustin Johnson on the cover? The new owner obviously has put money into the magazine and it reminded me of the boom times, lots of interesting content.

Steve Lapper

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 01:10:42 PM »
The ballot for the World & US Top 100 has been rescheduled until later this year.

As for the Public Course ratings, I've no information.
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Paul Jones

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 04:07:24 PM »
I thought Joe stayed on long enough to complete a few projects including tabulating the ballots for the top 100? I believe you'll see the results in the next few issues.

Regarding Golf Magazine,  did anyone read the latest issue with Dustin Johnson on the cover? The new owner obviously has put money into the magazine and it reminded me of the boom times, lots of interesting content.

I read the magazine on the flight home.  I was impressed with the new layout, texture and content.
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

jeffwarne

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 09:29:02 PM »
GOLF has big plans-nice looking layout in newest issue
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back