News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Franklin

GreatHorse
« on: August 08, 2016, 08:51:29 AM »
Has anyone played GreatHorse yet? I played there the other day and was really impressed from top to bottom. The clubhouse was fantastic and the views from the there were pretty cool. The practice area was right up there with the best I have seen.  The course itself was really good. I was not expecting much and came away thrilled that I had a few friends join so I can come back and visit again.

Funny thing, my one buddy kept saying, "I can't wait to hear what you think of the 9th green. It's the only one here I don't like." Guess what, I loved it. It is a Redan green that kicks balls to the left. He didn't like the fact you could get lucky after a bad shot. I told him to do some research on Redan greens and get back to me.

Brian Silva did a fine job here.
Mr Hurricane

David_Tepper

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 09:28:08 AM by David_Tepper »

Michael G. Miller

Re: GreatHorse
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 09:34:44 PM »
Jim -

I was there to do a site visit for 2 large landscape paintings for the clubhouse. Ended up doing #12 and #16, I have to agree. Very nice routing, exceptional bunkering (particularly #9, #15, #16, #17), difficult but fair green sizes, shapes and changes of elevation. Silva made good use of the vistas and backdrops. Excellent variety in fairway shapes and direction. Has to be an interesting, and depending on which tees, and quite difficult test.

Howard Riefs

Re: GreatHorse
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 02:18:00 PM »
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back