News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re: Santa Maria to Ventura
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2016, 12:14:31 PM »

Ignoring all non-golf factors- and with your love of quirk- I would highly recommend La Purisima.

What you don't understand is that Kalen cannot handle La Purisma. His game is best restricted to Soule Park, and Rustic Canyon. ;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2016, 12:37:11 PM »

Ignoring all non-golf factors- and with your love of quirk- I would highly recommend La Purisima.

What you don't understand is that Kalen cannot handle La Purisma. His game is best restricted to Soule Park, and Rustic Canyon. ;)

This time, and this time only, I must agree with Garland 100%   ;)

My game at the moment is the worst its been in years.  I'll probably have to work this course in on one of my ensuing visits when I get my handi back under 18.

Charles Lund

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2016, 01:44:36 PM »
They call it La Piranha for a reason.

Charles Lund

Scott Weersing

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2016, 08:25:16 AM »

I would vote for La Purisima as the best between Santa Maria and Ventura because it is is good shape and a good routing. I usually don't like a par 3 ninth hole but it is good one.

I like Olivas Links in Ventura with its fast and firm even in February. The bermuda grass would be dormant and painted green in February. Kemper Sports does a great job running the course.

Of course, the place I missed playing when I lived there would be The Valley Club. I am sure it is the best of all the courses.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back