News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Gallaway

TPC Valencia in October
« on: August 24, 2016, 11:20:08 AM »
Heading to LA for a long weekend in October and got an invite out to TPC Valencia.  Any information out there?  I've read through most of the LA threads on recommendations, but see no mention of TPC in any of them.  Is it worth the drive or am I better off with eye candy at the beach?

astavrides

Re: TPC Valencia in October
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:09:37 PM »
did you try the search button? as far as I remember, most people on GCA think it sucks. I played it once many years ago, and thought it was ok, but I didn't really know much about golf courses then. I think maybe they played a tour event there one year (maybe senior tour), but didnt want to come back.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 03:34:40 PM »
I would avoid this course at all costs. You will be vastly disappointed.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 11:51:26 PM »
Play Rustic Canyon or Angeles National instead. TPC Valencia is a claustrophobic course that is not near as good as Valencia CC
that is across the street.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Dan Gallaway

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 10:55:50 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  The stink of it is, our organizer sees through different glasses than I do.  He played TPC earlier in the year and loved the course.  I think mostly from a conditioning and amenity standpoint, plus he played with a good group.   I sent him out to Rustic Canyon, where he played with his father-in-law, and he was disappointed in the conditions. 

Joe Schackman

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 09:28:09 AM »
Fairly off-topic but I got married at TPC Valencia 3 weeks ago! The few holes that I saw (I wasn't allowed to play) looked interesting. The course did look in good shape. Views of the valley from the clubhouse are pretty cool.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back