News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Lang

Re: Rangefinder or GPS Watch
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2016, 09:16:29 AM »
 8)  Brian,

I suppose you'll sleep better now, I guess either from a clear conscience (no techno guilt) or from the extra walking ;D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:18:11 AM by Steve Lang »
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2016, 09:23:47 AM »
After much soul searching, meditation, prayer, etc., I have come to a conclusion about the use of distance devices. In the spirit of the game, I have decided to toss my laser rangefinder. I now walk off the yardage for every shot I play on the course. It's wonderful. Of course, my pace of play for a round of golf is now at least 6.5 hours, but I feel that is but a small price to pay for honoring the spirit of the game.

Brian how many steps is that on your fitbit?
Let's make GCA grate again!

BHoover

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2016, 03:28:50 PM »
After much soul searching, meditation, prayer, etc., I have come to a conclusion about the use of distance devices. In the spirit of the game, I have decided to toss my laser rangefinder. I now walk off the yardage for every shot I play on the course. It's wonderful. Of course, my pace of play for a round of golf is now at least 6.5 hours, but I feel that is but a small price to pay for honoring the spirit of the game.

Brian how many steps is that on your fitbit?

I have not tracked my steps yet. But I will say that I've had to lecture a few groups playing behind me that it's ungentlemanly for them to try to jump me in line when I'm walking off distances before teeing off. They suggested I use a laser to pick up the pace. I told them, in no uncertain terms, that I don't cheat!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back