News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Sweeney

Certainly the restoration of the 3rd hole alone would be a important accomplishment - bringing back a lost note in an architecturally significant American masterpiece.

I am not sure this is possible as:

1) Where do you put the cart path on 3? I have walked 90+% of my rounds at Yale, but carts have their place at Yale. At the very least, older alumni want to play the course when they come back.

2) Drainage - Not sure about re-setting the green near the pond, but my guess is there would be issues with drainage, especially in the Spring when the Yale Golf Team needs a relatively dry course. I love MacRaynor too, but drainage in the rocky hills of Connecticut was not their forte.
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Jim Hoak

As a former member of the Yale golf team, I agree 100% with Jud T.  The course is a university asset primarily for the use of students and others associated with the University.  I have no problem sharing it with others who want to play the course and support its operations, but to turn it into a commercial resort operation would be horrible.  My voice will be added in protest to the University powers.

Michael Whitaker

It may be painful for Mike Whitaker to read this, but they have a pulled pork bbq style sandwich this season that is better than anything I had in South Carolina :)

I've had great pull pork sandwiches in Manhattan, Michigan, central Florida, Nebraska and Arizona among other places. The South's got no hold on great pulled pork. Having said that, did you ever try the mustard based bbq in SC? Don't find that much anywhere else.

I'd love to have another of those ice cold beers from your trunk in the Yale parking lot. That was one great day!!!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

John_Conley

$100 unaccompanied greens fee.  It's plenty accessible for those that want to see it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back