News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Ross "The Boss" Jenkins interview
« on: November 22, 2016, 07:56:27 PM »
This really says a lot:
EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Wood Interviews Big Time Golf Management CEO, Ross “The Boss” Jenkins On His 10 Million Dollar Loss and a New City Contract!

Andrew: Hi Ross, thanks for taking the time to speak with us.

Ross: Yes, it’s not easy fitting you in between my frequent interviews with Golf INC, Golf Biz, NGF, HSBC, Golf 20/20, my board duties, the university course I teach and my celebrity charities, but you are welcome.

Andrew: Ross, you came under some criticism recently when one of your company’s city courses renewed your long term management contract despite the fact that your company lost over 10 million dollars during your previous engagement?

Ross: Andrew, that was really quite unfair, almost all of our KPI’s were up over the last couple of years, which as you know has been a very difficult time for the industry. All you have to do is look at the media to see how bad the golf industry is doing. In fact, I am quoted as saying how bad the golf industry is doing in many of the articles.

Andrew: Yes, I understand, but you lost 10 million dollars of the city’s money, Ross?

Ross: Yes, but ask yourself how much they would have lost without our help!

Andrew: Surely profit is one of your KPI’s?

Ross: Err …..actually no. It’s a city owned course, they are not really interested in making a profit.

Andrew: I see, so what type of performance indicators are we talking about then?

Ross: Oh you know brand recognition, impressions on our Facebook page, five star ratings on Trip Advisor, we had over 30, last year!

Andrew: How does the city feel about multi-million dollar losses?

Ross: Part of our new deal includes a performance clause we have guaranteed the city at least a $50,000 a year improvement year over year!

Andrew: I see, 50k and how do you plan on doing that since you haven’t managed to do it once in the last decade?

Ross: We are not going to buy fertilizer this year. The course is in great shape and it can easily make it through the year with sunlight and a little water!

Andrew: I see, and do you have any other initiatives that might make the city’s voters happier?

Ross: Yes, we know how important it is for a city owned course to keep the locals happy and with the contract renewal coming up we announced a reduction in the annual fee for locals of 20%!

Andrew: Yes, I am sure that will be a popular move Ross, but won’t that impact profitability even more?

Ross: Andrew you are not listening to me you keep focusing on profitability “IT'S A CITY OWENED COURSE!” Anyway, the city have agreed to put the green fees up 40% on for non-locals so that ought to balance things out.

Andrew: How many “Non local rounds” did you do last year? Compared to local rounds.

Ross: I forget the actual numbers, but I think something like 34,000 to 2,000.

Andrew: Ok, well the math doesn’t work then.

Ross: There you go again, it’s not all about money Andrew. Just look at the goodwill we have generated for the city, the awards the course has won, the publicity we have generated. Surely a marketing guy like you can see how valuable that is?

Andrew: All good stuff Ross, but the 10 million-dollar loss just keeps sticking in my head!

Ross: Andrew, if they wanted to make money they would have hired www.LegendaryMarketing.com, not a big bloated management company like ours. Anyway you have simply no idea how much trouble it causes at a city course when they make a profit. We did it once about 15 years ago, terrible mistake, everyone on the council fighting over how to spend the money!

Andrew: But Ross 10 million dollars?

Ross: Get over it Andrew, the city already have they just gave us a new ten-year contract and we upped our fee 10%

Andrew: Yes, congratulations Ross err….keep up the good work…..!

"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

jeffwarne

Re: Ross "The Boss" Jenkins interview
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 02:06:02 AM »
Just need to get the Dawg games  on those carts and  Mike Young weiner spinner and they'll  turn it around
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Ronald Montesano

Re: Ross "The Boss" Jenkins interview
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 06:22:31 AM »
The Onion offers up such great interviews. Are there others of this ilk?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back