News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Call me sentimental for Prior US Opens....
« on: June 19, 2016, 04:19:21 PM »
But I just can't get in the mood ...without getting a heavy dose of this when you watch highlights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4OlypXALU0

Sets the tone for the whole day!!  ;)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 04:22:18 PM by Kalen Braley »

Steve Lang

Re: Call me sentimental for Prior US Opens....
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 04:51:34 PM »
 8)   Are You Punkin My Abuelita?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Kalen Braley

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 06:41:47 PM »
8)   Are You Punkin My Abuelita?

Not sure who that is....but this is probably my all time fav "golf telecast" song....

Brings back so many memories of Tiger highlights...

Joe Hancock

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 06:44:08 PM »
I didn't click your link, but....

I wish we could listen to overdubbed gallery reaction and applause from 40 years ago rather than hearing "mashed potatoes" or "bubba booey" or "shut the door" or....whats wrong with people?
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 06:46:24 PM »
We don't even know the score. Every rules official in the country should be ashamed.

Tom Walsh

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 06:59:55 PM »
"vado pro vexillum!"

Andy Shulman

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 09:59:02 PM »
The NBC instrumental - which I also like a lot - will be back for the Ryder Cup in September.  As for the Barry White number, it's probably better suited for indoor sports.

Cliff Hamm

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 02:20:15 PM »
Till this day when I hear Loves Theme I only think of ABC and the U.S. Open.   In fact I never knew the name of the song, but knew it was Barry White . I just considered it the US Open theme song.

Perhaps it's just nostalgia, but give me Chris Schenkel,  Jim McKay, Jack Whitaker, Dave Marr  and especially Henry Longhurst among others over the current crop. No they may have not all been there at the same time, but they were all the voices of the U.S. Open on ABC .

As an aside in 1980  the US Open was at Baltusrol and I had a pass to the  ABC tent.  Had just sat down to lunch when Jim McKay, Dave Marr  and Dave Anderson of the New York Times sat next to us. The highlight was when Roone Arledge walked in and stuck his hand into the lobster salad to try some...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:23:30 PM by Cliff Hamm »

Matthew Essig

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 11:21:51 PM »
But I just can't get in the mood ...without getting a heavy dose of this when you watch highlights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4OlypXALU0

Sets the tone for the whole day!!  ;)

Oh, how I miss this.  :'(
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back