News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Marshall

Ronald Montesano

Re: Buffalo Parks Gets Offer to Revise and Enhance Golf Course Options
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2021, 06:11:25 AM »
My intel agrees with the article. I do not see this course coming to Buffalo. If it does, we shall welcome it with open elbows.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2021, 05:20:24 PM »
Just like that, the sunken ship offers a few air bubbles of hope. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/kevin-gaughan-seeks-to-revive-jack-nicklaus-golf-project-with-new-south-buffalo-site/article_332351bc-627d-11ec-9126-838fc9f28df4.html#tracking-source=home-trending

It will need a brand new routing, and I'll keep you posted.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Mike_Young

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2021, 06:17:08 PM »
I read a little about the Buffalo project.  Average public golfer cannot play a course that cost that much unless they are subsidized. But much of this new hype on the munis is trying to piggy back of of doable projects like Houston etc.  I remember back in early 90's when the signatures never did public golf at all and it began as "upscale daily fee" .  the only reason the big boys ever went there was because they were getting low on private builds.  And now the restoration market is trying to figure how to continue doing expensive restoration/renovation work.  The other market that can be hyped is muni.  Don't get me wrong there is a big muni market out there now and I actually have one going now but these things need to be under 5 mill...   Just remember there are some big companies that have to keep these markets moving...irrigation, maintenance equipment, golf cars...and big names are looking in places they would have never gone...  Winter Park worked for a reason...   Think about it...muni money may be the easiest money for golf there is right now...it's ll in how you hype it or present it...
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2021, 10:18:16 PM »
The project has been interesting from the get-go. The principle went public with his land swap idea, rather than go through channels. As a result, the county, the city, and the Olmsted Parks people felt pressured by Nicklaus showing up, etc. As a result, they didn't cotton to the power play, and offered little support.

Now, the principle is going to Albany. Our new governor hails from Hamburg, not far from the proposed site.

The new piece of land looks smaller than the original plot, and I'm curious how they plan to fit 18 holes plus learning center.

What we don't need, is high-end muni golf. This project won't really be muni golf; it will be a privately-run course on public land, and who knows how that will work out. Perhaps it works in the Bronx, but I'm not so sure it will in Buffalo.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back